Torn! S/S Charcoal Grey VS. F/W Galet Giant City

keh

Happy 2012!
Jun 13, 2009
NYC
Hi! I am in need of educated opinion from you helpful ladies! I recently tried on (and loved) the Galet City with the silver hardware, and I cant get it out of my mind! All of the pictures I have seen on this site have only made me like it even more. :love:
However, I'm really worried about the paler colour seeing me through a New York winter (Im moving soon, but my sister has lived there for years and has a pretty black wardrobe!) not least the effect of the snowy weather on the pale leather. Therefore, would the Charcoal be a better colour do you think? I havent seen this one IRL, so I need some advice. Is is a better winter weather colour in the long run? :thinking:
P.S. I have looked in the reference section at the colours - and did note that S/S 2010 included Anthracite, which might be similar to the Charcoal, so the Galet could be a better choice as the colour wont be available after this F/W?
So many questions!! Thank you so much in advance!!

jelts

O.G.
Mar 23, 2007
Galet, seems to me, like a very good neutral to have. Like Anthracite (which is a like a charcoal grey). Yes, I say, go ahead to get Galet since it makes your heart sing. Anthracite is available almost every season. And it does seem that Galet is a very popular colour this season.

Hope this helps! And when you get your bag, do have a reveal.

Riley Paige

Mar 24, 2008
Hilton Head, SC
The Balenciaga website still has Charcoal in stock and has seemed to be carrying it for awhile. I was honestly in the same situation as you. I have the Charcoal part time with silver hardware and fell in love with the galet part time with silver too. I think for your situation the charcoal will be better. I have been using mine so much and have had it for almost two years and I would be afraid of how it would look in galet with so much use. If i get galet i will be so careful with it and probably not feel comfortable using it as my daily bag. Hope this helps!

noon

*Sun in my eyes*
O.G.
Apr 1, 2007
by a sand castle
I just got a gsh galet city - Im loving it. Its such a lovely color, not too light at all and is a good neutral. Which colour do you think you would wear more often? I dont think galet is too light that you'll have to baby it much but thats just me!

LJS58

O.G.
Jul 8, 2009
Hi. You are right - black is a very predominate color in New York. I just got an Anthra city, and it's just a little different from balck, but will still go with everything. I love Galet, but it could get really dirty. Just my opinion....:smile:

keh

Happy 2012!
Jun 13, 2009
NYC
Oh Gosh! It is so hard to choose, and you have so many good points! I guess I am also worried about the shade of grey, looking for a warmer colour than cold - if that makes sense! How has the Anthra differed this year? F/W 09 Anthra looks dark/bluey? The subtle differences in colour are wonderful - but confusing!!

judebabe

more bags please...
O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
I am torn too.

I wear a lot of black too... esp in coming Winter months.

I m deciding between anthra gsh and galet gsh city!

I love the color galet but is worried that its doesn't go too well with dark wardrobe...

anthra on the other hand seems to go with almost everything.

dlynn

O.G.
Aug 4, 2007
IN A SANDCASTLE
I just bought the galet GSH and love it! Its not that light; its a neutral gray. I live in VA, but travel to NY frequently and I understand the black thing. I say GALET is just as neutral as black. Go for the GALET!

HandbagAngel

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
Galet is really a very pretty pebble gray color, not too light, not too dark. It is stunning with GGH. I would vote for Galet GH City!

judebabe

more bags please...
O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
Galet is beautiful!

And the color (pic from other tpf-er) seem to vary...