Too much hype!!!

What is the biggest over-rated product you can think of? I have one for sure. I hate it, and over and over again, magazines and makeup artists endorse it and say how cheap and great it is. I think it totally sucks.

Great Lash mascera from Maybelline. :yucky:

Now, I am not a snot about mascera, because I throw them out and buy new ALL the time. It is the one beauty rule I do not break, ever. (don't want to get eye googlies and I have fairly sensitive eyes so flaking is too much for me to take) Therefore cheapo is ok, if you ask me.:yes:

I honestly think this is the worst crap I have used. The brush is tiny, the mascera is drippy, I hate it. I can find 10 other (maybe even more) masceras at around the same price point that are WAAAAY better, IMHO. :rolleyes:
Still, every once in awhile, I fall victim to the hype and buy it again.:Push: :shame:

What else gets too much hype?

ITA - what's so great about Maybelline great lash? It's gets really clumpy, if you ask me!!! :shrugs:

I think there's too much hype over the T3 hairdryer. I just got mine and I'm not in love with it. It gets my hair dry but it's not that much of a difference from my old cheap Conair. It's too overpriced.

Yup, jumping on the Great Lash haters bandwagon :graucho: I really don't like it.... and one of my best friends just bought it and turns out.... she's allergic!!! :wtf: It got really nasty, the poor thing... :Push:

I've used Mac Bronzer for a while now and somehow, mine never broke? Oh and I had Bad Gal Lash too and I agree, it had a tendency to run after a few hours.. but I have kinda dry eyes so that didn't happen to often... it's really hit and miss, depends on what you like and if it stays on you or not... :smile:

Great Lash has a really fast expiration to it. I know u supposed to chunk them after 3 mths anyway but dang! This stuff gets hard and stale really quick. Like A few weeks.:shrugs: And don't get me started on waxes. I had some microwaveable VEET roll on wax and that stuff was a sticky m-e-s-s! It didnt work @ all.

Well, for me, I just bought the diorshow mascara in black waterproof and i'm not too impressed. I like my maybelline lash stylist MUCH better, although it is very difficult to take off. It gives my asian lashes super thickness (when applied correctly) and length!! LOVE IT! Also, not too impressed with the Cargo liquid powder.

Wow . . .I think i'm the one girl in the world who's never even tried Great Lash. I'm not sure why . . .I love makeup and I've been meaning to pick it up forever, but I just never got around to it. I rub my eyes too much to wear mascara regularly, but I'm working on it (not rubbing my eyes so much that is).

*YSL Touche Eclat (accentuated tiny under-eye wrinkles and then gave me an allergy)

*Diorshow mascara...I like the "you have lovely full,natural lashes" look and not the "geezz you're wearing loads of mascara!!!!" one

* Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream...it's just like Vaseline,but it STINKS!! threw away new tube immediately after opening.

Ha! Yes, I agree :yes: Elizabeth Arden 8 hour creme absolutely reeks!!!:yucky: I know it's meant to be this miracle, magic, all purpose product but I'd like to know what it REALLY does? I cannot bear the smell. :throwup:

I completely agree with the Maybelline Great Lash - other overhyped items IMHO are:

Diorshow masacara
YSL Touche Eclat
Clinique 3-part skin program

Product worth the hype: Smashbox Photofinish & La Mer (sorry I love it:heart:)