Tokidoki disaster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i try to tone it down too, keeping it simple. but for others if they sport alot of toki, i guess it depends on how it looks overall.

for sure the only time i've seen people overwearing toki gear and accessories and no one seemed to care was at the japanla party and comic-con. that's when peeps sport it all out. even if it looked :nuts: or :Push:there they can get a way with it!! LMAO! but outside of events like that, um.. yeah, it can look too over worn. lol

i try to tone it down too, keeping it simple. but for others if they sport alot of toki, i guess it depends on how it looks overall.

for sure the only time i've seen people overwearing toki gear and accessories and no one seemed to care was at the japanla party and comic-con. that's when peeps sport it all out. even if it looked :nuts: or :Push:there they can get a way with it!! LMAO! but outside of events like that, um.. yeah, it can look too over worn. lol

good point about location! as for fashion in general, toki or not, i can't wear two prints together to save my life. it's just not me. but if someone else can, kudos to her!

SisterBlue, thank you :smile: & don't worry...no one is ever too old for toki :biggrin: lolz. I would love to see a 80 year old woman sportin one hahahah.

FrogBubbles - I'm not taking offense, hopefully you weren't talking about me. I'm just saying in general I'll still do what I've been doing even if others think it looks retarded lol...I could care less :biggrin:

IDK though...I kinda think who the freakin hell are we to judge someone's "fashion" ....we're not professionals, and even then...who the eff cares what they say hahahahaahahaha. If I think I look good, imma do it. LOL.

ok, scrunchies is one thing, but wearing a hoodie around your waist.. wow... i didn't know people still did that.
Maybe it was cold in the morning and in the afternoon it got hot so she put it around her waist? I can see people doing that and I see nothing wrong with it. I would rather put it on my waste so I wouldn't have to carry it and accidentally leave it somewhere. IDk..just me though.

(((for some reason I'm starting to feel like a fashion snob being around here and that is so not me....what to do...what to do)))

hehe, actually its not necessarily bad to wear multiple items of a brand at the same time... you just have to know when you step across the line of looking "too loud". like for me i love my Vivienne Westwood accessories but I know not to wear too many rings, or certain rings at the same time cuz i'd looky crazy 8D

hey i say...whatever style you wan to rock...
go for it. I would have loved to see this in person....
would really make my day...in a good way.:smile:

*where i work, there is this one lady (she's like in her 60's) the comes in with a mowhawk, black biker boots, shiny top, leather skirt, long trench coat, sweat band on her head and big, big studio type earphone listening to her tape player...i always get a kick out of seeing her...:yahoo:

this reminds me of a friend in college... she would go around, giving gals 'fashion police' tickets to ppl she thought wore something horrible/tacky/ugly... :roflmfao:

the scrunchie comment reminds me of that sex and the city episode, where carrie claims that no NYC gal would wear a scrunchie... :P

I say, wear what you want... we don't all have the same taste.... thank God. What a boring world that would be if we did!

wearing a hoodie around your waist.. wow... i didn't know people still did that.

I do. Quite often in the winter, actually. When I'm wearing layers and one gets too hot to keep on any more for whatever reason, I take it off and tie it around my waist (when my personal assistant isn't available, or my personal teleporting closet is in the shop, that is. Otherwise I would NEVER. :graucho:)

maybe if she was younger it would be ok
its jsut not right for old people to wear tokidoki
its just, soo, SOO WRONG! i mean, someone needs a mirror LOL

too much tokidoki? hmm. well whenever i go out
i always wear a toki shirt, two necklaces, and a watch
and if that's over doing it, then whatever because it looks nice

it's not the topic of this post that bothers me.. it's the way you discuss it. there are some people out there who might not like your style either, but i'm sure they keep that to themselves rather than posting about it online.

like i said, i know there are certain fashion no-no's. scrunchies, hoodie around the waist, toki bag & shirt.. i know it may be too much for you, but maybe she likes it & wore it for fun or to cheer herself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.