• Epsom sellier B25

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Togo retourne B25

Votes: 55 84.6%

• Total voters

baileylab

O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
Need your thoughts as I’m deciding what leather to get for my next B25.

Pros & cons of each leather please.

Your valuable thoughts as well.

I have several togo bags and find the corners are quite easily prone to scuffs. But they are fixable / spa-able.

I have 1 epsom kelly which has scratches but read that the scratches cannot be repaired / spa’d.

I also have 1 constance elan and am amazed by how durable it is. No scratches despite me traveling with it on several trips with everyday usage.

Which would you choose?

Thanks very much!!

Generally I'm an Epsom girl because I love structure. However, the B25 is quite small so I feel that the structure would still hold up pretty well with togo leather and give that classic softeness of a birkin without getting too slouchy overtime.

Regarding scratches and repairs, I feel you and am aware that once epsom is scratched it can't be buffed out or repaired if its deep enough. Though it is very durable to minor scuffs here and there.
I think, for wear and tear, it's a matter of what you're comfortable with and what you are okay with as the bag (in either togo or epsom) wears over time.

Reactions: baileylab
I voted for B25 Sellier because it is soooo beautiful and different from the togo bags you own already.
I personally want to add ONE Sellier B25 into my collection too but I don't have any experience with them (ease of wear/etc)
I just went off aesthetics as I love my K Selliers in chevre and epsom!

Last edited:
These are entirely different leathers. In general, Epsom is not my favorite because of that plasticky feel, but it is great for a smaller, stiffer bag that looks more formal.

Togo is fantastic for a larger bag that is meant to fit everything. I am sure it is fine in smaller bags, but I prefer it for the larger ones.

The question is — what are you looking for with your next bag?

I have both Togo and Epsom bags although in 'feel' terms neither is my favourite (I love Fjord and Chevre). The possibility of scratches with Epsom really stresses me out - I have a Constance wallet that has a scratch underneath the buckle thankfully - and it was so easy to get scratched. So I use my Bolide 25 epsom rarely because I expect the corners will easily scratch - on the upside, it maintains structure well.

I have small bags in Togo because I like how it keeps structure (compared to Clemence) but is a durable leather. Based on that, I'd say go for Togo (purely personal preference - I like my bags to be easy to use).

Just an observation: Epsom also softens over time, especially if you use the bag a lot.

To me this is a decision between sellier and retourné Birkins, since you have and like both leathers. I didn't vote because I am never Team Epsom, but a sellier B25 is pretty much going to be Epsom, Madame, or Box, so if you want sellier, go Epsom.

These are entirely different leathers. In general, Epsom is not my favorite because of that plasticky feel, but it is great for a smaller, stiffer bag that looks more formal.

Togo is fantastic for a larger bag that is meant to fit everything. I am sure it is fine in smaller bags, but I prefer it for the larger ones.

The question is — what are you looking for with your next bag?

I really have no idea.. anything goes

Reactions: iseebearbears
I am not a lover of epsom, but I do have an epsom 25K, 25B, and a Della Cav,* and I have to say, they are very durable.

I find recent Togo in various colors to be unbearably dull in luster, so declined a 25B, bleu de prusse, last year.

I do have older Togo that is fine, so maybe it’s just the specimens I’ve been offered lately.

ETA: * my rainbow bolide is epsom, and it is my favorite bag

Still, I couldn’t vote for epsom, so refrained from voting entirely.

I have both Togo and Epsom bags although in 'feel' terms neither is my favourite (I love Fjord and Chevre). The possibility of scratches with Epsom really stresses me out - I have a Constance wallet that has a scratch underneath the buckle thankfully - and it was so easy to get scratched. So I use my Bolide 25 epsom rarely because I expect the corners will easily scratch - on the upside, it maintains structure well.

I have small bags in Togo because I like how it keeps structure (compared to Clemence) but is a durable leather. Based on that, I'd say go for Togo (purely personal preference - I like my bags to be easy to use).

Just an observation: Epsom also softens over time, especially if you use the bag a lot.

So far my k32 & constance elan has held their shape very very well.

As opposed to the bottom parts of my togo Bs & Ks

If the question is togo vs epsom in a birkin, I will add that I will always go for togo.
I absolutely will never get another retourne Birkin in epsom. I have a soufre B30 (retourne) in epsom from 2014 and I do not like the way it has aged. Not with regards to scratches but it's just that the leather itself has kind of "settled" a bit and causes the middle section of the bag to have waves :frown:

With regards to togo, I have zero issues with any of my togo bags (and I have a handful) but I do agree with @880 ... I have had a "dry" "ashy" looking togo K28 years ago that I had to move on because it was not pretty to me.

I am not a lover of epsom, but I do have an epsom 25K, 25B, and a Della Cav,* and I have to say, they are very durable.

I find recent Togo in various colors to be unbearably dull in luster, so declined a 25B, bleu de prusse, last year.

I do have older Togo that is fine, so maybe it’s just the specimens I’ve been offered lately.

ETA: * my rainbow bolide is epsom, and it is my favorite bag

Still, I couldn’t vote for epsom, so refrained from voting entirely.
Does Togo become more shiny with use?