Togo vs Epsom

Epsom or Togo?

• Epsom sellier B25

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Togo retourne B25

Votes: 55 84.6%

• Total voters
Does Togo become more shiny with use?
I wish mine did like @baileylab. . .the dullness isn’t really bad. It’s etoupe Togo, and my Victoria (think it’s etoupe clemence) seems richer and more lustrous; not exactly shinier, but hard to describe. . .i cannot seem to capture it in a photo; sometimes I think it’s my imagination. . .and then I’m like, nope it’s more drab. It’s not just the color but the luster. I have bags that are matte, but still look rich, IYKWIM. But, my Victoria is from 2008 and my Togo B30 is from 2021 or so. Not really accurate pic, (the Victoria isn’t really lighter in tone or warmer in shade IRL) but the best I could do. . .
IMG_0677.jpeg

ETA : I also prefer matte finish; for example I dislike shiny exotic. My bags don’t get shiny per se. But they also get rotated and not much use, so maybe that is also a factor, IDK.

Last edited:
I wish mine did like @baileylab. . .the dullness isn’t really bad. It’s etoupe Togo, and my Victoria (think it’s etoupe clemence) seems richer and more lustrous; not exactly shinier, but hard to describe. . .i cannot seem to capture it in a photo; sometimes I think it’s my imagination. . .and then I’m like, nope it’s more drab. It’s not just the color but the luster. I have bags that are matte, but still look rich, IYKWIM. But, my Victoria is from 2008 and my Togo B30 is from 2021 or so. Not really accurate pic, (the Victoria isn’t really lighter in tone or warmer in shade IRL) but the best I could do. . .
View attachment 5962097

ETA : I also prefer matte finish; for example I dislike shiny exotic. My bags don’t get shiny per se. But they also get rotated and not much use, so maybe that is also a factor, IDK.

I totally get you 😁

I like the powdery matte-ness of a new togo bag 🥰

• Thanks
Reactions: miss mitzi and 880
View attachment 5962097

I like it when bags develop a patina, makes it feel ‘alive’. The clemence V looks like it has ‘personality’.

• Insightful
Reactions: baileylab and 880
Following the lead of many others, I voted for Togo because I prefer the original styling of a Birkin as a more casual bag and actively dislike the sellier Birkin. I have a B25 in Togo and it has maintained its shape well. My B30 in Togo definitely slouches (in a very good way :blush:) but I use it often. Even though none of my Togo bags (a K28 too) seem dull as @880 has observed, I will say that my B35 in Clemence ‘glows’ (is more lustrous in @880 ’s words) a bit more than any of my Togo bags. But if you prefer matte, then Togo is perfect for you!