Toddlers & Tiaras

I think what is awful about this show/pageants in general is the deluded insistence that the kids really love it or its what they really want. Small children like what makes their parents happiest and most attentive. If they get positive feedback for doing pageants, they're going to think they like doing pageants because they model the adults in their life. It's not a matter of if these parents can convince their kids pageants are fun, but whether it is really a good message to imply that endeavors worth huge amounts of time and money begin with mascara and spray tans rather than learning, kindness, or creativity.

I can't believe there's not more threads on this here.
I watch this often - there are some moms who ROCK - their kids are cool and down to earth and if they are not into it they don't do it.

I hope watching the show helps those crazy moms though.

But I came here to comment on the crazy mom this week (no, not the one who is putting her newborn in the show to see if he likes it -- he can't even hold up his head).
The crazier mom who puts her 5 daughters in it - 2 of them are fraternal twins.
The one twin Breanne wins way more than the other and the mom says "Breanne looks like mommy - she;s the prettiest of the 5 kids." "Ashlynn (the other twin) is skinny and has a bigger nose." WTF???
The funny thing is - Ashlynn is prettier!
Poor little sweetie =(

^^ But it did have a happy ending - Ashlynn - the less favourite - won 'director's choice' because of her good attitude =) You could see the director knew what was going on. And then the little sweety tried to share her stuff with her twin (who was a little brat -- arrgh)

^^ But it did have a happy ending - Ashlynn - the less favourite - won 'director's choice' because of her good attitude =) You could see the director knew what was going on. And then the little sweety tried to share her stuff with her twin (who was a little brat -- arrgh)

It's not going to be a happy ending... I really think she's going to be messed up as she grows older. It's just going to get worse w/her mom & her twin.

I saw this the other day and it was like an accident, I just couldn't look away. There was one mom in particular that disgusted me. She let her 5 year old get fake nails and drink coffee at the salon since she "likes it". I was like OMG, you have got to be kidding me.

I do agree with the pedophile comments. Disgusting.

It's not going to be a happy ending... I really think she's going to be messed up as she grows older. It's just going to get worse w/her mom & her twin.

I really don't think so. Dr. Phil says that a child's personality is set by this age - Ashlynn is kind and sweet and probably always will be - as she goes to school friends and teachers will see her as she is and she will rise above Breanne.
They could have troubles at home but really - if you do a search for this on the internet - sooo many people are angry about this woman -- she will get some sort of help -- and maybe even seeing herself on TV will make her realize this.
I've seen moms on 'Supernanny' and such shows who don't even realize they are favouring (as surprising as that can be) until it;s shown to them.

Also the dad seemed really good - and after watching the episode I think he will be horrified and try to fix things.
JMO ;)

They are going to show the worst of the worst on a reality show. I watched some of an episode probably the first one where the woman put her infant son in the pageant to see if he would like it..? How about the woman that said she has spent something like 60k doing pageants.

I just watched a pagent organizer say they did not allow thong swimsuits and then explained that it was really hard to present the perfect body in a thong.

These are 5-7 year old children.

CHILDREN!

:wtf:

I saw this the other day and it was like an accident, I just couldn't look away. There was one mom in particular that disgusted me. She let her 5 year old get fake nails and drink coffee at the salon since she "likes it". I was like OMG, you have got to be kidding me.

I do agree with the pedophile comments. Disgusting.

Oh man, guy friend and I were amused and shaking our heads in disapprove and disbelief. I kept on yelling at the TV: "She is 5! Quit giving her coffee! Stop putting fake nails on her!" :Push: