Today at Saks

Issmom

I need more shelf space!
Sep 13, 2005
As hard as it might be to believe, guess what I saw at Saks on 5th Avenue this morning? A black Paddington, three Spys and four Silverados! Something tells me some SA is going to have a very good day today!

I was, once again, tempted by the Marc Jacobs Adina. Turns out, the two little front pockets have real buckles, not a slide lock or a magnet under them. Not too practical. Seems I'd have them unbuckled all the time. [Can you tell that I'm trying to keep talking myself out of that bag?!]

Issmom said:
I was, once again, tempted by the Marc Jacobs Adina. Turns out, the two little front pockets have real buckles, not a slide lock or a magnet under them. Not too practical. Seems I'd have them unbuckled all the time. [Can you tell that I'm trying to keep talking myself out of that bag?!]

Yes I can tell:toung:
I think you got some hard work there girlfriend:nuts:

haha wow nice! I wish that happened @ NM (since we don't have Saks here). The best thats ever happened is that I got on the paddy wait list there haha, well in terms of finding/seeing hard to find bags. I swear the Japanese tourists buy everything before the locals can get to it!!!

I like the Adina too, but share your view of the buckles, didn't know they had them until you posted, thanks! Now I dont have to think about buying one lol.

To be honest, tho' I have two, I was most tempted by the Paddington. Who in their right minds sees a Paddington sitting on a store shelf and doesn't buy it?! I could sell it on eBay in 10 seconds! Or send it to Hawaii for Noriko!

I placated myself at Saks with a shearling Burberry scarf and a pair of haircalf boots. I'm not lacking for treats!

Issmom said:
To be honest, tho' I have two, I was most tempted by the Paddington. Who in their right minds sees a Paddington sitting on a store shelf and doesn't buy it?! I could sell it on eBay in 10 seconds! Or send it to Hawaii for Noriko!

I placated myself at Saks with a shearling Burberry scarf and a pair of haircalf boots. I'm not lacking for treats!

hehe ooo yay!!!:lol: What color were the spy bags btw?

I also wondered if you ever had problems with the lock and key on the paddingtons you have. Some of the girls over at fashionspot were saying that after a few times using it, it chipped (the key) :amazed: I really hope that doesn't happen to mine when I get it. That would be horrible!:evil:

Noriko said:
hehe ooo yay!!!:lol: What color were the spy bags btw?

I also wondered if you ever had problems with the lock and key on the paddingtons you have. Some of the girls over at fashionspot were saying that after a few times using it, it chipped (the key) :amazed: I really hope that doesn't happen to mine when I get it. That would be horrible!:evil:

The Spys were the peanut butter, a black and the white mink. I think the black one sold while I was standing there.

I've never had a problem with my key and lock. I don't use the lock that often. I have it locked on the bag in a way that I can get into the bag without disturbing the lock. How secure does my iPod and sunglasses need to be anyway?!

Megs said:
You have to be careful with the padlock and key....

I wish I were going to NYC soon... I want a Silverado!!!:love:

there were two python silverados (one blue and one brown) out at the saks in atlanta a few days ago

Issmom said:
The Spys were the peanut butter, a black and the white mink. I think the black one sold while I was standing there.

I've never had a problem with my key and lock. I don't use the lock that often. I have it locked on the bag in a way that I can get into the bag without disturbing the lock. How secure does my iPod and sunglasses need to be anyway?!

haha yes thats true :biggrin: I love the white mink! There were quite a few of the minks in the boutique last time I was there. Awesome stuff! I can't wait to see whats at the private Fendi party on Sunday:idea: :love:

They'll also be auctioning off a bag being painted by a famous local artist, I soooo need to leave my CC at home that day!:nuts:

ooo I will! I'll be taking all kinds of pics. They are doing up the entire store for this party. They are going to make the inside like a Roman garden and bring in all kinds of rare fur pieces. I can't wait! One of the designers is supposed to be there as well. Its a pretty big event since its brings Hawaii's fashion week to a close. I'm also invited to the Dior private party so I'll try to take pics there as well. I sooo need to clear my memory sticks!!! :biggrin: