To toile or not to toile? Please give me your advice

which spring bag

• Toile lindy

• toile evelyne

• other hermes (please comment)

• cheaper non hermes (suggestions?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
^^That curry evelyne with the striped strap is really, really cute. I have a Massai in Curry and love it.

Also, like everyone said, the jeans that trasferred onto my Toile were dark but had been washed many, many times.

Oh, and those beach Lindys are really large.

RC - this may not be your thing, but this could be great for summer time!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hermes-Birkin-3...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

s.gif

This is pretty perfect as well IMO....

http://www.luxury-shops.com/1_search/detail.php?ID=10615&category=&subcat=&designer=4

Size: 14"(36cm) x 10.1"(26cm) x 6.2"(16cm)
Color: Dark Brown
Material: Canvas
Condition: New

10615.jpg

spacer.gif

Details
Brand new Hermes "Garden Party MM" handbag in dark brown leather and canvas. Closes with a snap button on top. Black canvas on the inside. Comes with dust bag and box.

Drop of the Handle: 5.1"(13cm)
Hardware: Palladium

spacer.gif

Returns: No Returns.
Payment: Mastercard, Visa, Bankwire

Please note that your card will be charge in Swiss Francs (CHF) only - for an exact exchange rate please contact your card issuer. Additionaly some credit card companies also charge international transaction fees.

By clicking the buy button, you commit to purchasing this item.
I agree to terms and conditions.

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

^^ I like the concept of the dark toile or canvas, but I would stay away from Amazonia as you can't refurbish it because it is not leather. All the Amazonia out there is old at this point as they stopped making it several years ago.

RC - I have never had any problems with color transfer or dirt with any of my canvas or toile bags. They are not as heavy to carry either! :smile: The canvas Birkin seems so much lighter than my leather ones.

I scotchguarded my garden party bags - it was not necessary though because H pretreats them.

Hope you find something you love! :heart:

RC - I have never had any problems with color transfer or dirt with any of my canvas or toile bags. They are not as heavy to carry either! :smile: The canvas Birkin seems so much lighter than my leather ones.

I scotchguarded my garden party bags - it was not necessary though because H pretreats them.

Hope you find something you love! :heart:

To echo what Rana has said, I've had two toile garden party totes since they were first released, and that's been awhile. I use them tons, and they still look great! I even use them at the market.

CG

Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions and advice. Maybe I better get to a boutique and try on a couple of toile styles. Last time I was there (a couple weeks ago) there were no toile bags in sight. Hopefully they'll have some on my next visit.

Rocker--the Style of the Evelyne lends itself to transfer. If you wear it crossbody it will hit at the hip of your jeans and rub back and forth. If you wear a longer jacket that will help. I imagine the Lindy will be similar.

i just adore my evelyne and would love one in toile but color transfer from jeans would be a serious problem, that bag rubs left and right against whatever you're wearing! i have a toile garden party that i purchased from luxury zurich and it has the slightest yellowing on the sides, i took it to be spa treated at H and it didn't make a difference....so i'm not sure how long it takes for this to develop but i tried magic eraser on it and no go....thus i'm wary of purchasing more toile (in the light shade at least) tho it is stunning....

OT but your girls are so sweet!