To SPEED or not to SPEED

If this is your first LV, then I say mono speedy 25. If this is NOT your first LV then I would say Damier speedy 25!

Thanks for your input by the way!

I do have a LV zippy wallet & LV mono Lockit which I love (but the lockit is a little more finicky because of the leather on the bottom as apposed to a speedy)
This is one of the reasons that I am considering a speedy.

The Damier speedy 25 in which color Azur or Ebony?

TIA

^i agree. whatever you choose, i'd pick a 30 over the 25..the handles on the 25 are short, and the the bag in general is just too small for me (i'm 5'6")

Thank you so much for letting me know about the handle size difference:heart:

Great to know.

and are you saying the 25 is just too small for you in general because it does not fit all of your stuff or just too small for you in a general compared to your size to it kinda way?

I am also 5'6" and approx 116 lbs - so I am not a very big girl that is for sure, I am just not tiny in a short way.

that is the question.
Looking for all opinions on whether I should make my next LV purchase a speedy and which one in what size. So here are the choices to pick from

1.) Monogram speedy in size 25
2.) Monogram speedy in size 30
3.) Damier Azur speedy in size 25
4.) Damier Azur speedy in size 30
5.) Damier Ebony speedy in size 25
6.) Damier Ebony speedy in size 30

I really would appreciate everybodys opinions on what they would choose and why, so please speak up :love:

TIA

Ladies wow I just want to thank everybody for being up front and taking the time to voice your opinion's:woohoo:
I also want to let you know a little more info about me that might be of more help to you in helping me making a decision.

I am 5'6" and approx 116 lbs - so I am not a very big girl that is for sure, I am just not tiny in a short way.
my husband calls me his tiny girl but I always associate that with also being shorter (does this make any sense)

I do own a LV mono Lockit but because of the finicky leather issue on the bottom of this beauty, this is one of the reasons for my considering a speedy in the first place.
I guess I think a speedy is a little more casual compared to the Lockit. I might consider getting 2 speedys,( not trying to be greedy or spoiled) so you are welcome in considering this in your opinions

Your opinions so far are
1.) mono 25 - 6 votes
2.) mono 30 - 13 votes
3.) azure 25 - 3 votes
4.) azure 30 - 5 votes
5.) ebony 25 - 1 vote
6.) ebony 30 - 6 votes

i also think the 30 is a better size - u have to be pretty small for a 25 to be the biggest u can go...as for which one? that's the hard decision. i own a mono and an azur...and want the damier! u already have a mono bag, maybe azur for something different? seems like most of ur bags are dark....

"seems like most of ur bags are dark" very observant of you:tup:

I have been thinking of that quite a bit....so this is where I thought that I might get 2
this way my butt is covered so to speak....but then in what sizes???

Thanks again for your opinion:heart:

"seems like most of ur bags are dark" very observant of you:tup:

I have been thinking of that quite a bit....so this is where I thought that I might get 2
this way my butt is covered so to speak....but then in what sizes???

Thanks again for your opinion:heart:

Again, I'd recommend trying on both 25 and 30. If you carry a ton of stuff everyday, go ahead and get the 30. I personally find my 25s more versatile plus they still carry a lot. Depends on what you think looks good on you and what you carry! :tup:

i just got my Damier Speedy 25 in Ebony last weekend. I wanted a bag that's not too big yet not too small and would still accomodate my big checkbook/wallet, my make-up case, cell phone, eyeglasses, iPod. I love it!!! I designated it my everyday worry-free bag!! Last night we had dinner and it was raining but I didn't care because I'm using my Damier Ebony. If i was using my Mono, it would probably end up tucked inside my coat! LOL!! too scared of water stains on my vachetta!!!

Last night we had dinner and it was raining but I didn't care because I'm using my Damier Ebony. If i was using my Mono, it would probably end up tucked inside my coat! LOL!! too scared of water stains on my vachetta!!!

Thats also the one reason I would recommend Damier ebony. Still would go for 30. I am 1.58m (do not know how much this is in inch) and 30 goes very well with my size. 25 looked a little bit to small for my taste on me. I also tried Mono on, but did like the more subtle presentation of the Damier ebony more. Especially when you get a new Mono, the vachetta is really really light, just looks strange to me. I prefer slight patina.

I would go with the 30 in whichever one you get, except for the Azur. The 30 in the Azur because it's so light looks absolutely huge.

That said - since you already have a mono Lockit, my choices are (in order of preference):

Damier Speedy 30
Mono Speedy 30
Azur Speedy 25

If you love the mono print (which I do too and don't mind another one) my favorite of all time is the mono Speedy 30.

SO - NUMBER ONE CHOICE - MONO SPEEDY 30!