To Spa or Not to Spa

When should I send my bag to the spa?

• Spa her now

• Keep her & spa her later

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cinder, I was just thinking...I think you should take her in and let Claude take a look at her. Maybe this Kelly is really very dark navy blue:thinking::blink::lol::smartass:[/quote
If it were really blue, then that would definitely be revealed in the lining. I learned that (as I had the same suspicion regarding mine) from an experienced SA who told me that on a blue bag the lining would be unmistakably blue.

Cinder, I was just thinking...I think you should take her in and let Claude take a look at her. Maybe this Kelly is really very dark navy blue:thinking::blink::lol::smartass:[/quote
If it were really blue, then that would definitely be revealed in the lining. I learned that (as I had the same suspicion regarding mine) from an experienced SA who told me that on a blue bag the lining would be unmistakably blue.

My comment was meant as a joke and Cinder knows what it is about. No worries Hello.;)

Thank you, everyone, for your input!!:tup: I have not yet decided what to do about my bag.

I do not yet have any pictures that would show the actual condition of my bag.

Keep her and spa later.
Give her a good Meltonian (neutral colour) drink and polish her nicely and she'll last till next spring when you can send her to the spa. By then you'll have another H bag anyway.

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: I think this is my favorite advice ever!!!!

I think we need to see a pic to determine how necessary it is to send her off right away....with my vintage bags, I usually just give them a good cleaning/drink with Meltonian cream when they first come home and then wait until the winter or rainy season to send them off to the spa.

Update:

Thanks again to everyone for your input!!

I decided to keep my bag for awhile, as I have a business conference coming up, and I want to test the Kelly until we go to Paris so I can make an informed decision on my next bag. :graucho:

So, I tried a mix of Hello's & docride's advice, and used both neutral & black Meltonian. (I could not find Blackrock's locally.)

After polishing & buffing, the bag looks as good as new!!! [Maybe not quite as good as new, but you KWIM!]

:ty:

Spa her now! 6-8 weeks is NOTHING. Remember, you didnt' even have her before. She will come back looking seriously amazing. If you wait, then take her, and get her back you will be like "why didn't I just send her out in the first place?" You will NOT be disappointed. Also, she will be back just in time for the winter. This one is a no brainer!