To Shine or Not to Shine?

I have used the shine restore on a couple of my bags and I have been thrilled with the results. It is great and made me feel so much better about a bag I had that was just too matte in appearance.

I know what you mean about the bag looking "powdery and chaulky-looking" when you bought it. Every black b-bag I've ever had has been like that, and since I personally like a black bag to be really black... I think you've found the answer. I may have to try this on the black matelasse I just got. It's only slightly "powdery" looking in some spots, but judging from your pics..
wow.

I love the color and leather of my new 05 navy city (bought from a PFer), but somehow it seems like the bag could use a little something to restore it's luster. I did use Apple Care Conditioner, which helped a bit, and may just continue to do so.

I don't want to use LMB pre-treatment conditioner because I don't like the effects (or smell, although I think that eventually goes away). I have never considered using Shine Restore on a bag, but I think this bag might benefit from it. However, I'm not sure if I should risk it.

I would greatly appreciate any opinions or advice.

Here are some photos, the bag looks a little bit shinier in photos that IRL.

Attachments

• navycityfrontflat.JPG
    navycityfrontflat.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 153
  • navycitybackflat.JPG
    navycitybackflat.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 115
Well, I just bought the Shine Restore and used it last night for the first time on my 05 black city. I don't notice much of a difference, but Barbara emailed me today and said if it isn't shiny enough, I should apply another thin coat and dry with a hair dryer until it is to the shine that I like.

I think the bag is beautiful! It really doesn't look dry to me and the leather looks fabulous. If this were my bag, I would just use the conditioner, then buff it good to bring out the shine. If you still don't like it then use the LMB Shine restore. It works, but I don't really like to use that on my bags unless they really need it.

Thanks for your feedback. I think I may use the Apple conditioner a couple of more times.

I also think there may be another LMB product, something like Shine Soft, which is an alternative to their pre-treatment conditioner. Maybe I'll talk to Barbara at LMB to try to figure this out.

Is it? I tried it on a small piece of my white city and didn't like the result: it made the leather kind of yellowish greyish and somehow stiff as well. So as on one hand I think that a very light coat of shine restore on darker colors could be very fine and give wonderful results.

My problem is that I love my white city, it definetly has the best leather of all my Bbags, but it is white, and I like clean bags. So cleaning, after cleaning, after cleaning...and after moisturising also, well, the leather is still the best in the world, but now it is totally and completely matte.
I know many of you are great fans of that matte look, but the problem is that I like a bit of shine on my citys. Do you know another way to put back somehow that shiny aspect or something similar?

I know some of you will say: just sell it to somebody who loves matte, and then buy a new one. Good, but I yet have to find another white one with such a great leather, and on top of that with a shade of white that matches my white boobie. I have never felt a leather as good as on the back of my white city. Help! what should I do? :s