To sell or not to sell?

forever.elise

Jan 7, 2014
I have been contemplating selling my Neverfull MM in monogram and Speedy 30 in DE because I found I have to force myself to use them in rotation. Both bags are immaculately clean because I really take care of my bags, but they are hot stamped with an E for my name. Not sure if that will bring down the price at all?

I am feeling conflicted on selling because the Neverfull was a gift from my fiancé and the first LV he ever got me. It was actually gifted to me once I reached my weight loss goal. The DE Speedy 30 came just 6 months after that, getting both bags in 2014, but I bought the Speedy myself.

This past May I got the Artsy MM in monogram after much debate over what bag I would choose for a graduation gift. Originally I wanted the Alma BB in Amarante Vernis, but ultimately went for the Artsy.
Every time I pass LV or go inside, the Alma just speaks my name and I can't shake it.

I've thought about not selling anything and just waiting for the right time to get the Alma (it honestly won't be for quite a while because I'm getting married in Disney World this year!).

So what do you guys think I should do? Has anyone had experience with selling either of these bags? Should I just hold on to them?

The retail price for my Neo Neverfull ( new model, with pouch) was like $1260? And the Speedy is $970.
The Alma BB is $1820... So I could possibly make enough for the Alma, assuming I take a price hit on my two bags.

I've sold a couple things on Tradsey before but not sure if that's the best site for what I'm looking to sell.

Would you guys sell and get the Alma? Should I just keep my bags and use them?

My Neverfull MM
IMG_1486615773.355126.jpg
My Speedy 30 DE
IMG_1486615848.991854.jpg
The Alma I just can't shake...[emoji17]
IMG_1486615883.509452.jpg

Reactions: Kidclarke
Always a difficult question, I'm not usually a fan of selling bags, but there's also no point in keeping them if they don't suit your needs as well. Although I think the neverful makes a great travel bag or would be nice to keep if you ever need a larger tote. I do love the alma bb especially in that color!

you have great style by the way!

I'd personally keep the NF, both for functionality and sentimentality, and sell the Speedy. You shouldn't have too much of an issue selling it because of the high demand on the pre-loved market, especially if you sell it yourself, but consignment sites such as Yoogi's and Fasionphile will ding you because of the initial.
If you're really on the fence then keep both bags and save for the Alma; its a permanent design on the LV roster as is the colour Amarante, so they'll both be there tomorrow and a year from now.

Reactions: DaisyM
My husband buys most of my bags, and I just could never sell any of them because of this reason. They are gifts. My very first Lv I ever got was from him, 9 years ago. I never use it anymore which will of course seem a waste to most but it means a lot to me, regardless of how much use I get out of it. No matter what bags/how many you have, there will probably always be one you're lusting after so I say just be patient and save up for it while keeping the one your partner already gifted you. As for your speedy, if you bought it and you don't use it, then yeah, I'd sell it.

I would keep the neverfull, even if you don't use it often it's a good piece and comes in handy for travel/trips and many other types of occasions. Where are you going for your honeymoon? You can try and save and get it during your honeymoon if there's an LV store there. Maybe even save some money if you honeymoon in Europe!

Or try finding a pre loved one...

I sell everything I am not using or do not love anymore. This spring, I will be selling my Delightful PM in DA, because I am buying the Girolata instead, even though the Delightful was a present from my husband. Needs, wants and style change and considering how much these cost, I want to only own the best possible pieces that I love to bits, nothing less. My husband understands that and just wants me to be happy. So I say go for it!

Reactions: Lizzys
I'd sell if you don't use or love them anymore. My concern would be no longer having a 'throw-it-all-in-and-go' bag like the NF. I know you have the Artsy so maybe that can fill that role? :biggrin:
I think the hot stamping will bring the value down but I see hot stamped items on FashionPhile allllll the time so they are definitely buying. It just takes the right Erin/Eliza/Emily/Ema/Emma/Ellison/Elle/Ellie/you get the picture to find it! :heart: you could always submit pics and get a quote from various resellers and see what they offer. If it's not what you want then you can try to sell yourself. Good luck!

I say keep the Neverfull. Its a great tote and even though you do not use it much now its a great travel bag and all purpose tote. Although it is in great condition you may not get top resale for it and worse if you decide in the future that you want to repurchase it will cost you more. Sell the speedy as a head start to save for the alma.

I am not sentimental about my bags and sell if I'm no longer using them. However, the NF is such a great, useful bag that it would be hard to sell my only one. Think twice about that one. I think you should sell the Speedy though if you're not using. Get one with a bandouliere someday if you miss it!

Reactions: Aliluvlv
I have been contemplating selling my Neverfull MM in monogram and Speedy 30 in DE because I found I have to force myself to use them in rotation. Both bags are immaculately clean because I really take care of my bags, but they are hot stamped with an E for my name. Not sure if that will bring down the price at all?

I am feeling conflicted on selling because the Neverfull was a gift from my fiancé and the first LV he ever got me. It was actually gifted to me once I reached my weight loss goal. The DE Speedy 30 came just 6 months after that, getting both bags in 2014, but I bought the Speedy myself.

This past May I got the Artsy MM in monogram after much debate over what bag I would choose for a graduation gift. Originally I wanted the Alma BB in Amarante Vernis, but ultimately went for the Artsy.
Every time I pass LV or go inside, the Alma just speaks my name and I can't shake it.

I've thought about not selling anything and just waiting for the right time to get the Alma (it honestly won't be for quite a while because I'm getting married in Disney World this year!).

So what do you guys think I should do? Has anyone had experience with selling either of these bags? Should I just hold on to them?

The retail price for my Neo Neverfull ( new model, with pouch) was like $1260? And the Speedy is $970.
The Alma BB is $1820... So I could possibly make enough for the Alma, assuming I take a price hit on my two bags.

I've sold a couple things on Tradsey before but not sure if that's the best site for what I'm looking to sell.

Would you guys sell and get the Alma? Should I just keep my bags and use them?

My Neverfull MM
View attachment 3599832
My Speedy 30 DE
View attachment 3599837
The Alma I just can't shake...[emoji17]
View attachment 3599838
The Alma bb is much smaller than the bags you are looking to sell . Will you be able to fit your things you carry on a daily basis in the Alma bb ? I know you said you have the Artsy which holds alot . This is a tough one . I do LOVE the speedy DE . I can see selling the NF because you already have a monogram shoulder bag .
I have an Alma bb and do not use her much at all . I still adore that bag . Its just that I love to carry my Sarah wallet and CC with me daily . And of course this does not fit in the Alma bb . I like to have extra room in my bags . Thats just me though .
Maybe go back to LV and try the Alma bb on again . See how you feel . If it truly is calling you , then go ahead and sell your bags . I would still ne hesitant on selling the speedy DE :sad: . Good luck . Hope this helped :smile:

Thank you to everyone who responded. I am still unsure, and have not brought up the idea to my fiancé yet. This isn't a new idea, I've been thinking about it for a while now. My Speedy is in perfect condition and I can't say one bad thing about it. I have never had an issue with it, so maybe that would be one regret of selling that one. It is truly a great bag! But I just don't use it as much anymore... :- / I do love the Neverfull and yes, it is also a useful bag. But the only issue I have with it is the leather straps and the small amount of leather that lines the top of the bag gets so dark, and I often have to use Apple Guard cleaner in the summer just to get it back to looking good again. I could accept that this is a "workhorse bag" and just accept it looking a bit more worn in, but that's just not my style! As I said before, I'm kinda obsessed with keeping my bags in very good condition, so that part just gets under my skin.

Then I actually thought...well, when I finally have kids one day, I could use the Neverfull as a diaper bag? But then I remembered I would NEVER do that because when I first got this bag it was so pretty and perfect, I couldn't even fathom throwing dirty diapers, toys, food, etc. in there. I guess that's just not me...So, I guess I will have to keep thinking about it. I don't have a small and pretty bag, so maybe that's why I am so drawn to the Vernis BB. I did get a new Speedy 25 in monogram this past September that is perfect, and also have wanted this size for 10 years! So that's why I am ok parting with the Speedy 30 in DE... :- / I will have to keep thinking...thank you for all that replied, you really gave me great perspective.

Reactions: louisisluv
I sell everything I am not using or do not love anymore. This spring, I will be selling my Delightful PM in DA, because I am buying the Girolata instead, even though the Delightful was a present from my husband. Needs, wants and style change and considering how much these cost, I want to only own the best possible pieces that I love to bits, nothing less. My husband understands that and just wants me to be happy. So I say go for it!
hi love, have you tried the girolata in store yet? i really wanted to like it but the shape is just weired to me, it is kind of round in shape to my opinion, it doesnt look as good on me as on the website:confused1: not sure if they will have it in DE later this year?