To My Fellow Speedy Mirage Owners.....!!!!

i pretty much use this bag on the daily. it is still quite warm here in arizona. the bag still looks brand new imo. the patent leather looks super shiny. i was hesitant to carry it at first, i say dive on in. and prepare to get tons of compliments!

Wow!!
I'm glad to see there are sooooooo many Mirage LVoers out there with me !!

Ok....Ms.Azur Noe is on vacation until Spring.....and I'm headed out to SuperTarget today with Ms. Mirage !! I hope my brevity lasts more than one day, though.....

Thanks to all for your replies !!!!!!! :flowers:

Have fun at SuperTarget Travelbliss! I take mine to the supermarket as well, and everywhere else. It's the perfect everydaybag IMO, classy and elegant yet not too dressed up and matches every wardrobe!
I'm sure you will continue to use it non-stop till spring ;)

Today is my first day out with my Noir and I'm looking forward to using her all winter long. It's very rainy here in Oregon, so I usually have to plan my purses carefully and look for rain free days to take out my vachetta. I'm really looking forward to the canvas and patent as a change-up from my Damier speedy!

Enjoy your Noir!

I've been using my noir everyday for the past month and it's holding up pretty well for me. As a SAHM, it's been everywhere with me, the grocery store, church, mall, my boys' school, football practices and games and I'm truly happy with my noir. I retired my Chanel GST as my everyday bag for the noir and IMO, a low maintenance bag. Enjoy!!!

My Mirage gets frequent use and has been to the grocery store. I don't put her in the cart though because those carts are filthy. I wouldn't put any bag in a cart. Heck, if I had a child... Well, you get the point.

i live in Vancouver...it rains 8 out of the 12 months MINIMUM!!!!!!!!!!! It is the best place to live, if you can stand the consecutive days of rain :smile: Anyway, point is I USE MY MIRAGE SPEEDY ALL THE TIME!! And people stop to stare at it all the time too *hehe* I love it!!

I alternate it with my favourite Gucci hobo (for the casual days!), and my mirage speedy for those days I really want to stand out. But when I'm especially down or looking really drab, I'll use my mirage speedy (even if it means to the grocery store or to get gas!!) just to jazz me up :biggrin: I love it...use it ALL THE TIME! I do because I know I paid good money for it so the more I use it, the more worth the splurge it is...haha, just my theory though!

Hi,
I have used it only a few times (dinner and drinks). I can't bring myself to put it in a shopping cart. I think it will be my special occasion handbag. My Popincourt Haut gets daily use instead.

i live in Vancouver...it rains 8 out of the 12 months MINIMUM!!!!!!!!!!! It is the best place to live, if you can stand the consecutive days of rain :smile: Anyway, point is I USE MY MIRAGE SPEEDY ALL THE TIME!! And people stop to stare at it all the time too *hehe* I love it!!

I'm glad to hear you say this. So do you feel like the Mirage is more like damier in terms of durability/not having to worry as much about water? I am thinking of getting a Mirage, and I don't want to have another bag I need to worry about the weather with. I already have plenty of those! Don't get me wrong - I take good care of my bags. But today for example it is absolutely pouring rain here and I had to switch out from the bag I was going to take to my damier Speedy because of the weather. It would be nice to have another bag to help my damier out in the rainy weather!

Thus far, I've taken out my bordeaux twice while out shopping for some matching patent leather shoes/boots. So far, no issues to report with my bordeaux Speedy. She was however oggled and commented on by a very nice SA at my local Kenneth Cole store.

I'm glad to hear you say this. So do you feel like the Mirage is more like damier in terms of durability/not having to worry as much about water? I am thinking of getting a Mirage, and I don't want to have another bag I need to worry about the weather with. I already have plenty of those! Don't get me wrong - I take good care of my bags. But today for example it is absolutely pouring rain here and I had to switch out from the bag I was going to take to my damier Speedy because of the weather. It would be nice to have another bag to help my damier out in the rainy weather!

definitely very durable in the rain. there is no valchetta, so there would be no worry about anything getting water marked/stained. the handles are patent leather and the material of the bag is coated canvas so really, it is very low maintenance and super sexy :love:

definitely very durable in the rain. there is no valchetta, so there would be no worry about anything getting water marked/stained. the handles are patent leather and the material of the bag is coated canvas so really, it is very low maintenance and super sexy :love:

Great! Something that is beautiful _and_ practical. That makes it even easier to justify buying!

UPDATE !!

Hi all, it's been about a week now, and I have used my Mirage Noir as my daily use bag....supermarket, Target, Walmart, postoffice, church, restaurant, normal everyday places. I cannot believe how it can EASILY be used as an everyday bag. I think my initial hesitation was using a $2K bag on a daily basis, but that mental block is now gone !! I love how it holds it's shape when filled with so much junk, no sag !!!
I think it really is subtle in alot of ways, (the degrade shading helps with this) and it doesn't really "scream" LV, and I like that alot.
So ladies who were like me before, feel free to use your gorgeous bag !!
Thanks everyone.....!!:tup:

p.s. and yes, it did survive multiple rides in the shopping carts !!:woohoo: