To Knockoff or not to Knockoff...that is the question?

I can’t wait to get mine on Tuesday. I’ve ordered other Anifeel’s and have been very happy with the quality and received a lot of compliments, even more than on some of my higher end designer bags. I hope I’m as happy with this style. Sounds like I will be!

I hope so, too! If I could use these everyday, I would. But I like to change handbags to go with my outfits.

I believe everything is relative. Meaning, you get what you pay for. There were a few small things that would have caused me to send a $6k purse back. Such as the ends of the leather between the metal was not tacked down. I simply got some Gorilla glue and glued it down. I put a heavy toolbox on top of the area I glued to keep it down.

Some people complained about this on the reviews. $100 to some people is a lot of money. To others, it’s a drop in the bucket. It was an easy fix for me. But I would have never done this on a $6k bag!

Not fake. Amazon knockoff, yes. Perhaps "designer-inspired"" Ladies, enjoy your bags. Trying to gain "respect" from people based on material objects? Or impress them? Life's too short.

No need to get mean! So sad it upsets you - NOT!!

I am enjoying my inspired, knockoff, look alike bag! And I am getting more. It pleases me and that’s all that matters! I don’t give a rats a** what a bunch of strangers think of me.

Have a fantastic day!!

I'd definitely be open to buying one as a way to "test drive" a style I'm interested in purchasing before committing to the designer version. :smile:

Before I ever knew anything about LV or any designer handbags I bought a super-fake LV Trevi pm. Now that I know better would I get rid of it? Absolutely not. I paid at least $300.00 or for this super-fake and it is a very well made handbag. Would I buy another super-fake? No, because I am discovering contemporary designer handbags in my own price range that meet my life-style needs. The learning curves includes some mistakes, but this "mistake" is not trashy or cheap. It's a keeper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suexilin
Before I ever knew anything about LV or any designer handbags I bought a super-fake LV Trevi pm. Now that I know better would I get rid of it? Absolutely not. I paid at least $300.00 or for this super-fake and it is a very well made handbag. Would I buy another super-fake? No, because I am discovering contemporary designer handbags in my own price range that meet my life-style needs. The learning curves includes some mistakes, but this "mistake" is not trashy or cheap. It's a keeper.
In the last two months I have bought 3 fakes....one I thought was real but alas not and the other two I bought as projects. The Paul Smith mini cooper weekender fake is now used as a storage container for my excess clothes...the fake Mulberry Bayswater wasnt that great a fake but as I said before I used it as a practice bag for a leather conditioner I had bought....and the other week I found a very fake LV Neverfull which Ive half butchered ...just wanted the carcass for a project...almost taken off the LV labels and then onto covering the carcass for fun. These were all bought at thrift store for very little. These bags will never be sold on or given away.
I would never go online to buy a superfake.

Wow, you people are amazing. I am learning a lot on this particular thread. Please keep sharing your inspired bags. When I look around, I really do not know of or see any designer that is truly authentic for more than one season before other high end designers start replicating the trend. It is consumers who decide what is "allowable" in their choice of collections. When someone says, "I would never . . . .blah blah blah... " I just have to think, open your eyes and let some light in. There is nothing that is original under the sun. Everything has been inspired by someone or something. I am also reminded on designers video taping city street scenes for days on end to capture what the poor and sometimes homeless people are forced to wear. Then taking those images and redesigning them for the runway. I think collectors already know this as they walk into a high end collection.

I live in a town where every third male is a car collector. I know many males who collect cars. Numerous tenants in my building rent extra underground parking spaces just to store their collections. I never hear any car collector disregard a model as a "fake" because it was inspired by an older model. What I do see is even more chatter and camaraderie about differences in quality, but as part of the joy of collecting, not for the snobbery.

The car club analogy is one example of collector etiquette, and there are hundreds of other examples. I think that handbag snobbery is a fabricated "rule" in an effort to remain relevant in a fickle and ever changing market of marketing fashion. Not to mention to justify the purchase itself. It's a built in safety mechanism to preserve the cost and relevance of a product. It's funny that there is no mention on a thread such as this one, how many people who buy collections from a favorite design house how "insane the prices have become" for certain handbags, along with the reduction in actual quality of the product.

Do we think that the kiss lock on a stam is original? Something can only be "original" for a very short period of time on this dimension before the art is swallowed up by influences. It is simple meta-physics. Nothing exists in a bubble, it expands and morphs into further expressions of itself. That is the "law" of life itself. Sure, denounce the inspired market if that is what your club or group think has you to do, but don't insist that others join your group-think to preserve your own egoic tendencies. I can forgive because of ignorance of cosmic patterns, but can't forgive the snobbery for snobbery itself.

Last edited:
Today I received my "Chanel Inspired" Ainifeel bag and I absolutely love it! It's the black double flap medium classic with gold hardware. It'll be great for dressing up an outfit, daytime or evening. For me, it's a small bag but it holds enough and I love all the pockets. I don't think I'd like a bigger version because those don't have the flirty kick of the medium. The chemical smell from the glue is there...just like shoes made in China but I'm airing it out and I know it will dissipate.

Even if I had the money of Melinda Gates, I wouldn't spend $5k on a bag. I'd rather give it to animal rescue. And this is a bag I can wear without worry. It's doesn't need its own shrine in my closet.

Happy, happy! :heart:

Last edited:
I hope so, too! If I could use these everyday, I would. But I like to change handbags to go with my outfits.

I believe everything is relative. Meaning, you get what you pay for. There were a few small things that would have caused me to send a $6k purse back. Such as the ends of the leather between the metal was not tacked down. I simply got some Gorilla glue and glued it down. I put a heavy toolbox on top of the area I glued to keep it down.

Some people complained about this on the reviews. $100 to some people is a lot of money. To others, it’s a drop in the bucket. It was an easy fix for me. But I would have never done this on a $6k bag!

* Yep, I can see where I need to use glue on the strap. That's OK.
* Even people who don't think $100 is a lot of money may think it's a lot of money for a bag. I have one friend in particular who is that way.

Reactions: Narnanz
Today I received my "Chanel Inspired" Ainifeel bag and I absolutely love it! It's the black double flap medium classic with gold hardware. It'll be great for dressing up an outfit, daytime or evening. For me, it's a small bag but it holds enough and I love all the pockets. I don't think I'd like a bigger version because those don't have the flirty kick of the medium. The chemical smell from the glue is there...just like shoes made in China but I'm airing it out and I know it will dissipate.

Even if I had the money of Melinda Gates, I wouldn't spend $5k on a bag. I'd rather give it to animal rescue. And this is a bag I can wear without worry. It's doesn't need its own shrine in my closet.

Happy, happy! :heart:
when you can...are you able to show a picture of your bag?

I have bought some knockoffs recently. I bought a knockoff of the Chanel Maxi Double Flap made by a company called Ainifeel. This company makes various knockoffs and sells them on Amazon. I know the quality isn't as good as a Chanel but I think the bag is beautiful and the leather is very soft. I've also ordered a Teddy Blake Caty which is a Birkin knockoff. I haven't received it but I am anxious to see it.

While I think both the Chanel Double Flap and the Birkin are beautiful bags, realistically I don't think I'll ever have the funds to buy either.
Wow! Never heard of this brand. I checked and they really do look like the branded versions. I’m not sure how to feel about that. Lol!!!
I have a birkin knockoff...having it has made me realise that if there ever was a chance I would own one it would have to be a 35...the one I have is around the 30 size and is not big enough for me.
The same thing happened to me! I ordered a 30 cm from Amazon and it is too small. The one I ordered from Teddy Blake is 14 inches which should be equivalent to the 35 cm.
You two are brilliant. I never would have thought of buying one of these as a test run.
Wow you're touchy about this, must be you have a Birkin..To each his own..
Or they like truth to be spread vs. rumor. Why does the poster have to be characterized as touchy because they were calmly correcting your misinformation ? (non Birkin owner here)

Wow, you people are amazing. I am learning a lot on this particular thread. Please keep sharing your inspired bags. When I look around, I really do not know of or see any designer that is truly authentic for more than one season before other high end designers start replicating the trend. It is consumers who decide what is "allowable" in their choice of collections. When someone says, "I would never . . . .blah blah blah... " I just have to think, open your eyes and let some light in. There is nothing that is original under the sun. Everything has been inspired by someone or something. I am also reminded on designers video taping city street scenes for days on end to capture what the poor and sometimes homeless people are forced to wear. Then taking those images and redesigning them for the runway. I think collectors already know this as they walk into a high end collection.

I live in a town where every third male is a car collector. I know many males who collect cars. Numerous tenants in my building rent extra underground parking spaces just to store their collections. I never hear any car collector disregard a model as a "fake" because it was inspired by an older model. What I do see is even more chatter and camaraderie about differences in quality, but as part of the joy of collecting, not for the snobbery.

The car club analogy is one example of collector etiquette, and there are hundreds of other examples. I think that handbag snobbery is a fabricated "rule" in an effort to remain relevant in a fickle and ever changing market of marketing fashion. Not to mention to justify the purchase itself. It's a built in safety mechanism to preserve the cost and relevance of a product. It's funny that there is no mention on a thread such as this one, how many people who buy collections from a favorite design house how "insane the prices have become" for certain handbags, along with the reduction in actual quality of the product.

Do we think that the kiss lock on a stam is original? Something can only be "original" for a very short period of time on this dimension before the art is swallowed up by influences. It is simple meta-physics. Nothing exists in a bubble, it expands and morphs into further expressions of itself. That is the "law" of life itself. Sure, denounce the inspired market if that is what your club or group think has you to do, but don't insist that others join your group-think to preserve your own egoic tendencies. I can forgive because of ignorance of cosmic patterns, but can't forgive the snobbery for snobbery itself.
Exhale. It’s not that serious. We like playing with our toys. :lol:

And, there is nothing wrong with a person having a personal standard that they only buy “x”. Just like there is nothing wrong with someone buying inspired. I’m weary of all the judgement. Let people do them.

Reactions: whateve and Narnanz