To J12 or not to J12

ryu_chan

O.G.
Mar 13, 2006
Hi. I was not a fan of J12. But I tried on the black 33mm with ruby markers, and I totally fell in love with it (can't do 38mm as I have a very tiny wrist). The only thing I am concerned is whether I will be tired of it soon. I was thinking about Cartier Ballon Bleu, but I was not so compelled about it as the J12. Should I take the plunge? Those of you who own J12, can you see yourself wearing it for another 10 years?

^Absolutely! I wear my black 33mm with diamond markers most every day even though I also have a Cartier Ballon Bleu! I love my Ballon Bleu and my Rolex but my J12 is fabulous AND virtually indestructible! I love it as I don't worry much about hurting it (unlike the Cartier and the Rolex) and intend to wear it for many, many years to come. Get it! You won't regret it.

Yes, take the plunge. I can absolutely see myself wearing mine for a very long time. I have had mine for awhile and have not grown tired of it. It also looks so nice and can complete an outfit.

It's quite interesting to hear you guys wear J12 more than Cartier. Seriously, I did not like this watch until I tried it on, then it was like the light bulb came on :P

I love the J12 but for the price, I went with something (Rolex Yachtmaster) that I felt I would still be comfortable wearing when I'm old and retired. However, I haven't given up hope of owning a J12 someday (white 38mm w/ diamond bezel).

I was like that originally. I had my heart set on a Cartier Santos. I then tried on a few versions of the white J12 and had no hesitation. I immediately fell in love from the moment it was on my wrist. I ended up with diamond bezel and have never looked back. I've had it for 3 years now and LOVE IT. In answer to your question, I see myself wearing it for many years to come - 10+ years!!!

I say, go for it if you really love it. You wont regret it :yahoo:
You can always go for the other watch later but these J12's (along with everything else Chanel I might add) seem to be on the ever on-going price increase. Good luck.

I've got two j12's -- white and black-- and love them. I can absolutely seeing myself wearing them for years to come. I do not think you'd grow tired of a j12.

I also have the ballon bleu and it too is a gorgeous watch. I don't think you would go wrong with either choice.

OK. I took the plunge. Here she is. I really like it. I'm already worried that I may like it too much, and I'll have to get the white one too :nuts:

Attachments

• IMG_0652_1.jpg
    IMG_0652_1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 822