To Go Bold or Not to Go Bold? Mazarine MM / Montaigne MM in CERISE?!!

Thank you for the encouragement ladies!

Built up some courage and decided to visit the closest boutique earlier. The SA along with the store manager were very helpful, informative and truly understanding.

After seeing all three bags (unfortunately neither Cerise or Taupe were in stock), the Mazarine was the first bag I eliminate. The magnetic closure was something I couldn't get used to.

It was between the Lockme ii and the Montaigne. The Lockme ii, although gorgeous, has a short handle which is too long for my liking. The flat handle isn't my preference as well.

The Montaigne, on the other hand, surprises me in a positive way. I didn't think I would like it (considering that I didn't like the monogram version), but the Empreinte version won me over. I forgot to try on the GM size, but the SA and I think that the MM size would be just enough (it is around the same size as my Brea MM) so size shouldn't be an issue.

As far as color goes, I did get to see the cles in Cerise (nothing in Taupe unfortunately). Although it was a lovely shade of red, I think it is too bold for my closet. With that in mind, I think Taupe would be my color choice (if we are able to find one of course, there is only 4 left in the system in the U.S!)

Thank you so much for your help ladies. I truly appreciate it :smile:

View attachment 3343783

This bag is made for u! you look great! can't wait to see your reveal.

Built up some courage and decided to visit the closest boutique earlier. The SA along with the store manager were very helpful, informative and truly understanding.

After seeing all three bags (unfortunately neither Cerise or Taupe were in stock), the Mazarine was the first bag I eliminate. The magnetic closure was something I couldn't get used to.

It was between the Lockme ii and the Montaigne. The Lockme ii, although gorgeous, has a short handle which is too long for my liking. The flat handle isn't my preference as well.

The Montaigne, on the other hand, surprises me in a positive way. I didn't think I would like it (considering that I didn't like the monogram version), but the Empreinte version won me over. I forgot to try on the GM size, but the SA and I think that the MM size would be just enough (it is around the same size as my Brea MM) so size shouldn't be an issue.

As far as color goes, I did get to see the cles in Cerise (nothing in Taupe unfortunately). Although it was a lovely shade of red, I think it is too bold for my closet. With that in mind, I think Taupe would be my color choice (if we are able to find one of course, there is only 4 left in the system in the U.S!)

View attachment 3343783

Looks great on you!! I have the Montaigne in mono and I love the bag. But the empreinte is even better not just because of the beautiful leather but also the wider opening on the zip pocket.

Is that poppy? It looks great on you!

Taupe is a seasonal colour. You might want to have a second-choice colour in case your parents don't find a Montaigne in taupe.

It is Poppy! I do love the color but it is definitely too bright for me (and Seattle too! lol).

Thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed that there would be a Taupe hiding in Paris somewhere waiting for me [emoji120]🏻

Absolutely fabulous! Gorgeous color, so complimentary on you! [emoji173]️ You will not be disappointed. !

Thank you so much, you're so sweet!

This bag is made for u! you look great! can't wait to see your reveal.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I can't wait to see what my parents will come home with as well :biggrin:

Indeed, that Montaigne looks really good on you! And like you said, it really is different then the mono. I am happy you went to LV, it's amazing how we realize a bag or color is not at all what we imagined it would be after seeing it in person.

Post pictures when you get your Paris surprise :smile:

View attachment 3343783

The Montaigne MM looks gorgeous on you, I hope you find your perfect color it's a wonderful bag.

Good morning ladies! It's been awhile since I've been active on the Forum so this is pretty exciting. Hope all is well.

Anyways, my parents are flying to Paris this upcoming week and have asked me if there is anything I would like to get.

In my ideal world, my next purchase would have been an Empreinte Artsy in an oxblood red shade (as love my Monogram Artsy dearly). However, since the Artsy isn't available in any shades of red I need to look for alternatives.

Discovered the color "Cerise" and although it is bright, it seems to be a nice shade of red. Unfortunately, the Artsy is not available in Cerise so I have to find alternatives.

Mazarine MM: I've never seen this bag in person before, but it reminds me of the Palermo PM which I loved and regret selling till this day. The magnetic closure seems like a good alternative for someone who doesn't zip up her bag (like myself). Looking at the reviews, the only downside to the bag seems to be the longer strap which seems to be longer than my liking (I like my bags to sit quite high as it makes it less casual).

Montaigne MM: Wasn't a fan of the monogram version (feels too flimsy to me). The Montaigne in Empreinte, however, seems more sturdy in pictures (hopefully that is true). I love the length of the shoulder strap and the zip compartment in the middle. The downside is that it is 400 euros more expensive than the Mazarine MM.

I forgot to mention that I am 5'9 and usually wear a size 6/8 :smile:

I wear a lot of neutrals (plain black, greys, white tops with either jeans or leggings ) so I thought red would be a nice pop of color. The safe side of me, however, is telling me to stick with neutral and get myself an Empreinte Artsy in Taupe/Noir. I haven't seen the Taupe before so I have no idea how it looks in person.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated. Thank you ladies! :smile:

i have the Cerise bag and love it! it's not too bright and will be a perfect pop of color to your neutral wardrobe. my opinion is you can never go wrong with a beautiful red bag. get it!

I vote for the Montaigne cerise. I have the Montaigne mm in iris and the Montaigne bb in noir and best purchases ever for me. Beautiful, sturdy bags that hold their shape and with great organization. Worth it for me.

Oh my word you have my HG Montaigne MM iris [emoji7][emoji7][emoji177] is the colour more pale blue or purple irl? X