To buy or not to buy? Whisky Paddy

I'm referring to Aki_Sato, who started this thread. She deliberated over whether to buy my whiskey Paddington, bought it and then asked me to add insurance just as I was sending it. I didn't want to delay sending it as I was going on holiday so she promised to send the extra money - but of course didn't. She now doesn't answer my emails. Just goes to show!

Really sorry!
I had to change my internet provider and just sorted all the installment and got it working today!!
*Deep apologies...I couldnt access ebay nor paypal or even gmail so I have no means in contacting you....:crybaby:

I cant believe she negative feedback me!!

After communicating and paying her so promptly of 599 pounds straight away few days after the auction ended...and now just because I didnt have internet access for a week and was unable to send the extra 20 pounds!!!

That's mean!!!

:crybaby:

What the?! How lousy is that?! How rude! You did not deserve the negative for that, aki!!! You paid her in full! And insurance is for her, the seller's benefit, not yours!

Andie, that was uncalled for. Aki paid you promptly the first time. So you didn't know that she couldn't access the internet, but a buyer, any buyer, does not deserve a negative because she didn't pay for insurance that SHE requested! You didn't enforce it! She asked for it. And insurance is for the seller's protection, not the buyer's! So by asking for insurance, she was doing you a favour because had the bag gotten lost in the mail, you, the seller, is responsible.

<< Confused here, I hear you say "What's new there".

Reading this thread, has something happened to the dates of the post???

Reason for asking, looks like Aki was buying around Feb 12, and the last couple of posts have yesterday on ~ over a month from the sale!!!!!

Has something happened to the dates?

I have already apologised for leaving negative feedback - which I shall retract. I had no way of knowing that she couldn't contact me. I did not request the insurance - the buyer did - otherwise I would not have bothered with it.

Sorry, andie. I think I was a little harsh.

From what you were both saying, I get you didn't request the insurance. That's why I don't understand why you gave her a negative???

I don't think aki, or any buyer for that matter, deserves a negative for not paying insurance that they requested. Believe it or not, she was doing you a favour... Coz like I said, had you sent it out without the insurance, and it had gone missing, you - the seller - would be liable! Paypal would favour the buyer because she did not get what she paid for.

If you read some of aki's other posts, she's been wanting the whiskey for a while now. I hope you two can work this out!

Hi Leanbeanie - thanks for your second note. I have already apologised to Aki and have emailed Ebay asking them to retract the negative feedback. You must understand my position. We're half way around the world from each other & last year I was "stung" by a fraudulent transaction on Ebay whereby I sold an item for a lot of money and Paypal took the money back 4 weeks later - so I lost money and goods. I have been wary ever since. I hope Aki & I can stay friends.

Hi Andie. I can totally relate to the horrors of Paypal and eBay! I have a thread in the eBay forum about it now. My bad experience sounds pretty much the same as yours! :sad: Lost money coz of a dishonest buyer. All the more reason you should be more cautious and insist on insurance! Especially for transactions this size. You don't want to be out of pocket for that kind of money!

Aki is super nice and you sound like you are too. So hope it all works out! We are all eagerly awaiting for aki to post pics when she gets it, which I guess won't be for a few weeks....

:popcorn:

Andie,
I understand you were upset however after all this time I thought you at least have trusted me after communicating and paying you promptly...
Yes you have given me your phone number for any emergencies however the email of this number is stored in my gmail!!! which I didnt have access at that time and my work prohibited this site!!!
:crybaby:Arrggg...im just so frustrated!!

Now you have given me a negative feedback...:crybaby:
Although you have emailed ebay but up to today ebay still hasnt removed it...