To add or not to add? Your personal initials to all your H bags?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if initials can be removed from a bag? I once saw them on a bolide for sale (preowned) and wondered if it was possible that Hermes could take them off.

I have one Black Box Kelly with my initials in solid gold on the flap.
It makes it extremely special ! I love it !

I would not put my intitials ( metal or stamp) on all my bags as some of them are not going to stay with me forever...

This whole thing keeps reminding me of something I read years ago written by a men's fashion writer. He said that he hated monogramming on shirts. He said that he wasn't senile yet, and didn't need his initials on the shirt to remind him what they were.

LOL. I suppose that's one way to think about it.

I had my Kelly and Picotin stamped. Both on the inside of their straps. I love it and intend to give my future bags the same treatment!

Attachments

• DSC09967.JPG
    DSC09967.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC09969.JPG
    DSC09969.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC09966.JPG
    DSC09966.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC09968.JPG
    DSC09968.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 140
There's dif ways to initial your bags. And a million places to do it!

You can heat stamp them, so just the impression is left. Or, you can have it heatstamped with a gold or silver coloured foil to match the heardware of the bag. From what I understand, they aren't crazy about mixing hardware colours, so if ya got gold, they'll give ya gold foil. OR, a somewhat more traditional method - they can place small metal letters on your bag that are simliar to brackets. You can have this kind removed the easiest from what I understand, but the indentations from the metal fasteners will always remain, so best to place YOUR initials on the bag then, in the same place.

There might be other ways to initial your bags, but these are the only ways I'm familiar with. I have met craftspeople who make you swear up and down you really want them... in case a married gal decides she wants out, her initials on that bag are for keeps!

(ETA: foil CAN be removed, but I don't think the heatstamps can be altered. HTH)

Thanks Angelfish! :tup:

There's dif ways to initial your bags. And a million places to do it!

You can heat stamp them, so just the impression is left. Or, you can have it heatstamped with a gold or silver coloured foil to match the heardware of the bag. From what I understand, they aren't crazy about mixing hardware colours, so if ya got gold, they'll give ya gold foil. OR, a somewhat more traditional method - they can place small metal letters on your bag that are simliar to brackets. You can have this kind removed the easiest from what I understand, but the indentations from the metal fasteners will always remain, so best to place YOUR initials on the bag then, in the same place.

There might be other ways to initial your bags, but these are the only ways I'm familiar with. I have met craftspeople who make you swear up and down you really want them... in case a married gal decides she wants out, her initials on that bag are for keeps!

(ETA: foil CAN be removed, but I don't think the heatstamps can be altered. HTH)