Tips/inspection before finalizing purchase of Damier Speedy 30 - first LV bag!

Wow, can't wait for you to get the Damier speedy! plz share your beautiful speedy w/us, i never get tire of Speedy! Don't feel shy about hohw SA treats you, remember you are paying their pay check!

Awww, you guys are so encouraging :heart:

And Shopaholic Isis : I'm a bit weary over the bleeding issue as well, but I'm not a fan of the Monogram Canvas as it's SO pervasive and I want something a little more low key.

handbagfetish : I did a brief search through the boards, and I *think* I've only come across bleeding Speedy's.

^Good question!

I was wondering if the same thing happens to Saleyas?

The saleya has a different lining which does not bleed. The only bags affected are the ones with red canvas lining. The speedy and alma are 2 that come to mind. Any damier bags that use alcantera lining, such as duomo and saleya, do not bleed at all. The wallets and agendas are red leather lining and do not transfer color, either.

Melissa, you were oh-so-helpful! :smile: Thank you so much!

I know I really should bring in the white towelette to check, but it's just that they're very snotty to me in general because I look like I'm 15. Also, I will be getting an employee discount on the bag and that might piss them off a bit.

In any case...thanks again!

im 14, and ive never been snubbed by an SA before....
maybe i look older???

ps. early congrats on your bag!

im 14, and ive never been snubbed by an SA before....
maybe i look older???

ps. early congrats on your bag!

I have no idea! It's not as if I dress particularly bummy or anything...I usually go shopping wearing a 3/4 sleeve black fitted v-neck shirt and either SFAM or True Religions. I'm not exactly top model material, but nonetheless I still consider myself quite attractive as well....in any case :shrugs:

hey misstania im in MTL too! and im at ogilvy and holt renfrew constantly haha and im also getting a damier speedy from there either the 30th or 31st whenever i have time! do you work at ogilvy ?

hey misstania im in MTL too! and im at ogilvy and holt renfrew constantly haha and im also getting a damier speedy from there either the 30th or 31st whenever i have time! do you work at ogilvy ?

There's a LV counter at Holt Renfrew?!?!

I don't work at Oglivy's, but a good friend of mine does and I'll be using her discount :smile: Maybe we should meet up and get the Speedy at the same time haha.

Lol no there isnt an LV counter i just meant that i was always shopping there too and i dont shop only for LV haha i wish! And I get snubbed by the SAs in LV all the time and i dress like you ...R&R and SFAM and nice shirts like Diesel, G-Star, Lacoste etc (im 17 so i dress younger than most ppl on TPF lol) and they always look at me funny!

Lol no there isnt an LV counter i just meant that i was always shopping there too and i dont shop only for LV haha i wish! And I get snubbed by the SAs in LV all the time and i dress like you ...R&R and SFAM and nice shirts like Diesel, G-Star, Lacoste etc (im 17 so i dress younger than most ppl on TPF lol) and they always look at me funny!

Ugh, I know, the SA's at our LV are so snotty :yucky: Are you absolutely 1000000000000000000000% sure you're getting your Speedy? The sagginess still bugs me, but I already told everyone that I'm going to get it...I can't back down now lol.

The saleya has a different lining which does not bleed. The only bags affected are the ones with red canvas lining. The speedy and alma are 2 that come to mind. Any damier bags that use alcantera lining, such as duomo and saleya, do not bleed at all. The wallets and agendas are red leather lining and do not transfer color, either.

Thank goodness! Thank you Texas Girl! :yahoo:

I was thinking of getting the Saleya but was worried about bleeding! Phew!

HAHAHA were the same I already told everyone i was getting it too!!!!! Im 1000000% sure im getting it but im not sure if ill get 25 or 30 ...and you have 2 weeks to return it so THE DAY I get my speedy ill start using it and if i hate it ill take it back or exchange it so im AT LEAST gonna give it a shot lol :smile:!

I got a mono cles the other day and they were looking at me funny i was like WHAT you guys arent allowed to look at me funny ...ok fine when im browsing but IM BUYING something please leave me alone :cursing: :hysteric: ....theyre funny in the MTL LV....special ppl...