Tina Turner

all these tweets are making me tear up
I've only cried out loud three times when hearing of the death of any celebrity. Ray Charles on June 10, 2004, then B.B. King on May 14, 2015 and now today when I saw the news about Tina. I've adored her since she was still with Ike. Feels like a punch in the gut. I'm totally heartbroken right now. :crybaby:
:crybaby::crybaby:

I don't know who here has watched Tina's documentary "Tina" (released in 2021) but I highly recommend watching it if you haven't. It truly gave so much insight on Tina but it also felt like Tina's goodbye on her own terms.

Also I have to post this in celebration of Tina because it is literally one of my favorite things that I own. Last year I got Tina Turner's pictorial autobiography called "Tina Turner: It's My Life" It has many rare pictures, sketches from notable designers of costumes made for Tina from all of her different eras, quotes about Tina by so many different musicians (from different genres and different eras) in the industry, and also has quotes by Tina Turner herself. The book has over 300 pages and 500-600 pictures.

20230524_141717.jpg

I've only cried out loud three times when hearing of the death of any celebrity. Ray Charles on June 10, 2004, then B.B. King on May 14, 2015 and now today when I saw the news about Tina. I've adored her since she was still with Ike. Feels like a punch in the gut. I'm totally heartbroken right now. :crybaby:
:crybaby::crybaby:
for me, I can't say she was my favorite singer - more that I have a lot of respect for the person and the life she led

Reactions: youngster