Tiffany Victoria Pendant - Does the bow tie effect bother you?

You're welcome. I hope that you don't feel as though I was high-jacking your thread:biggrin:
By the way, I am 5'3", so even thought the necklace is fairly large on me, the design makes it look more delicate.

No, not at all. If anything, I was hoping to see more pictures.:smile:

The pendant in 1.0 ctw actually looks much smaller on me than expected when I tried it on. The medium size, which is 0.64 ctw, literally disappeared on me.

I get what your husband is saying. There is that bow tie effect on marquise diamonds if they are not ' perfectly' cut. He has good eyes. I would trust hubby over SA since he is looking out for you while she is looking to make a sale. If you really like the victoria, which I love, I would ask for them to bring in a few pieces that you can choose from. Please model for us; am totally jealous since its on my wish list.

Here you go. I just snapped a quick pic with my phone. I believe that I had the chain length shortened to about 15"
View attachment 1885243

Wow this is GORGEOUS!!! I just just bought a pair of the large Victoria earrings and now that I see this I'm even MORE excited! They're not here yet - hopefully by Friday or Monday. I cannot WAIT!!

OP I say go for it - the whole collection is stunning! I have the 3.4 carat bracelt as well and adore it!!

perfumegirl01 said:
I get what your husband is saying. There is that bow tie effect on marquise diamonds if they are not ' perfectly' cut. He has good eyes. I would trust hubby over SA since he is looking out for you while she is looking to make a sale. If you really like the victoria, which I love, I would ask for them to bring in a few pieces that you can choose from. Please model for us; am totally jealous since its on my wish list.

When we were in the store, DH modeled the pendant for me, unwillingly, just so I can see it on someone else. And I did see the "lines." What bothers me the most is with the particular pendant we looked at, there is a certain angle where one can see the four lines on all four diamonds at the same time.

I would not say my Tiffany SA is clueless, but she did seem to know much about the bow-tie effect on marquis diamonds.

Will definitely take your advice and ask to see a few pieces to compare when we return to the store. Thanks!

surfergirljen said:
Wow this is GORGEOUS!!! I just just bought a pair of the large Victoria earrings and now that I see this I'm even MORE excited! They're not here yet - hopefully by Friday or Monday. I cannot WAIT!!

OP I say go for it - the whole collection is stunning! I have the 3.4 carat bracelt as well and adore it!!

Congrats! Please do show when you receive the earrings. Did you get to check them before you purchased?

DH and I tend to be very particular (but not picky, lol) about everything. I wonder if we are making a big deal out of nothing.

Btw, your Victoria bracelet sounds yummy! Do you wear it often?