Tiffany Victoria Pendant - Does the bow tie effect bother you?

Hi Everyone~

I have been eyeing the Victoria pendant 1.00 ctw for a while; I finally got to try it in person yesterday.

The pendant gives a good amount of sparkles and I love the shape. However, DH says the "lines" in the middle of the diamonds make them look "dirty." I suppose it is the bow-tie effect that he sees. My SA, on the other hand, says she doesn't see lines or dark spots at all.

Here is a link to the pendant:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+victoria+pendant&search=1

For those of you who own the pendant, or have seen it IRL, are the "lines" on the stones obvious to you?

For reference, I have diamond pieces in round brilliant and cushion brilliant (not cushion modified brilliant) only. Maybe I am just too used to seeing the patterns on these stones?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I have this necklace. It's really lovely in person - very sparkly. I've never really noticed any lines in the stones. Whenever I wear mine, I get tons of compliments on it. It's quite a substantial piece, but yet delicate at the same time. I love mine:smile:

Yes, I have this necklace. It's really lovely in person - very sparkly. I've never really noticed any lines in the stones. Whenever I wear mine, I get tons of compliments on it. It's quite a substantial piece, but yet delicate at the same time. I love mine:smile:

Would you be able to post a modeling pic?

OP - I love this pendant and it's on top of my wishlist. I have been the line before but only from a certain angle. It does not bother me at all because the pendant is simply stunning. I say get it.

OP - I love this pendant and it's on top of my wishlist. I have been the line before but only from a certain angle. It does not bother me at all because the pendant is simply stunning. I say get it.

Here you go. I just snapped a quick pic with my phone. I believe that I had the chain length shortened to about 15"
IMG_4015.jpg

i just absolutely love this entire collection...the necklace, tennis bracelet, and studs are just sooooo pretty! If you get it post pics!!!

also, maybe when you go to try them again, ask to see a bunch of different ones. The cut can emphasize or downplay the bow tie effect...also, look at it on your neck in the mirror, not holding it in your hands (does that make sense?) so shadows dont play tricks on you

Thanks vhdos for the feedback and modeling picture. It looks fabulous on you!

I am normally more of a bracelet person, and I rarely wear my pendants. They look either too small (e.g. Cartier interlocking pave Love with 2 different size rings), or too big (e.g. VCA Lucky Alhambra butterfly). The 1 ctw size of the Victoria, on the other hand, feels perfect when I tried it on.

I am 5'9" btw.

Thanks MatAllston for requesting the modeling picture. That helps a lot! I agree that the lines are visible only when the light hits the pendant a certain way. DH was literally *staring* at about six inches from the pendant, when he declared there were lines in the middle of the stones. I was curious to see if the "lines" are obvious to others.

i just absolutely love this entire collection...the necklace, tennis bracelet, and studs are just sooooo pretty! If you get it post pics!!!

also, maybe when you go to try them again, ask to see a bunch of different ones. The cut can emphasize or downplay the bow tie effect...also, look at it on your neck in the mirror, not holding it in your hands (does that make sense?) so shadows dont play tricks on you

Thanks BalenciagaPlaneT for the great suggestion! That is exactly what I will request the next time before I go in. Hopefully, I would be able to pick out the best one from the bunch. My SA insisted that the pendant I tried on had the best cut diamonds because Tiffany doesn't do anything less that the best...

Thanks vhdos for the feedback and modeling picture. It looks fabulous on you!

I am normally more of a bracelet person, and I rarely wear my pendants. They look either too small (e.g. Cartier interlocking pave Love with 2 different size rings), or too big (e.g. VCA Lucky Alhambra butterfly). The 1 ctw size of the Victoria, on the other hand, feels perfect when I tried it on.

I am 5'9" btw.

You're welcome. I hope that you don't feel as though I was high-jacking your thread:biggrin:
By the way, I am 5'3", so even thought the necklace is fairly large on me, the design makes it look more delicate.