Tiffany Jewellery..Honest Opinions Please!

Keep or Return Tiffany Jewellery?

• Keep

• Return

Results are only viewable after voting.

mona_danya

Personal Shopper
O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
Ok, I am 35, married with the 3 kids. I am very casual and funky and wear mostly jeans (Paige and Sevens)
Anyhow, today I bought a Tiffany oval necklace and bracelet (25% off:yahoo:).

Now I feel kinda weird becuase most women I see wearing that type of Tiffany jewelry are mostly younger than me, early or mid 20s....

Am I too old for them, should I go for something else????
And are they just too common now? If you know what I mean!!!!

PLEASE be brutally honest, your opinions will never offend me and might infact save me some $$

BTW, I have the Tiffany gold lock bracelet and wear it all the time....

i had one several years ago after my son was born i got one, i think i was 29 at the time...i felt it was too young for me, i wouldn't wear it now. but i see moms wearing them all the time. i think i am more of a david yurman gal now.

i guess it is all in how you wear it.

i think what makes you happy is most important.

Honestly I have to say that its not about old or young but for me, I stopped wearing it because it was too trendy and heavy for everyday...

I think that if you love it, you should keep it, but if not...considering something else in its place, a bit more classic and easier to wear is better.

Ok, I am 35, married with the 3 kids. I am very casual and funky and wear mostly jeans (Paige and Sevens)
Anyhow, today I bought a Tiffany oval necklace and bracelet (25% off:yahoo:).

Now I feel kinda weird becuase most women I see wearing that type of Tiffany jewelry are mostly younger than me, early or mid 20s....

Am I too old for them, should I go for something else????
And are they just too common now? If you know what I mean!!!!

PLEASE be brutally honest, your opinions will never offend me and might infact save me some $$

BTW, I have the Tiffany gold lock bracelet and wear it all the time....

I've had the Tiffany round tag bracelet since my 20s. I still wear it @ 35, will still wear it 45 & probably 55. My husband bought it for me. I love it still & will continue to wear it as long as I want:yes:. I also have the heart tag necklace from my 20s (military tag style - long chain) and if not for the chain breaking I'd still wear that too! Gotta get that fixed some day. Wear what you love.

Although I have quite a bit of Tiffany in platinum/diamonds and gold, and my daughters have a lot of their silver jewelry, my latest purchase has turned me off to Tiffany possibly forever. I bought a platinum diamond/sapphire ring for around $7,000. Although I already knew Tiffany's jewerly is hideously overpriced, this purchase made me feel like an idiot. So I ordered a ring like it (still platinum with the same carat weight and grade of diamonds/sapphires) from bluenile.com that was around 1/3 the price of the Tiffany ring. I held them side by side, showed them to several people, and no one could tell the difference. I returned the Tiffany ring.

But back to the original question - if you're questioning that the bracelet is too young for you, then you'll probably feel uncomfortable wearing it. I read an article that said Tiffany beefed up it's silver offerings in order to attract a younger crowd. But it worked too well and their silver jewelry became too common. Tiffany also didn't think the crowds of teens hanging out in the silver section of their stores was doing anything for their 'exclusive' image. So how did they deal with the problem? They hiked up the price of their silver jewelry, making it a little less attainable.

Tiffany is going to make itself *very* exclusive with their ridiculous overpricing. People are catching on.

barcreperie - interesting ... I know I see people wearing Tiffany's jewelry all the time. It definitely doesn't seem all that exclusive. Whereas a few years ago it would have been a big deal to see someone wearing it. And their prices always make me cringe since I know how much it costs material wise.

As to the original question ... You're only as a young as you feel. :smile: If you love them and enjoy wearing them then keep on! If you are uncomfortable wearing them, take them back and save the cash.

I've had the Tiffany round tag bracelet since my 20s. I still wear it @ 35, will still wear it 45 & probably 55. My husband bought it for me. I love it still & will continue to wear it as long as I want:yes:. I also have the heart tag necklace from my 20s (military tag style - long chain) and if not for the chain breaking I'd still wear that too! Gotta get that fixed some day. Wear what you love.

that's very sentimental of you, i'd do the same:woohoo: