Tiffany classic solitaire owner pls come in....

Personally, I think 1.4 ct will be plenty big on a size 6 finger! But, I have the Embrace in .8 ct (size 5 ring) and OMG, it seriously looks like it's over a carat. And the sparkle is unstoppable. My vote is for the Embrace - though I don't think you could go wrong with a 1.4 ct classic solitaire either! Have you gone to the store and tried both on? I never thought I would have liked the Embrace, until the SA told me I should try it. It was love at first sight!

honeybeez said:
Any idea if around 1.4 carat will look too small on a size 6 finger? :smile:
Am thinking of the embrace too because in 1.4 it is going to look like 2 carat?
Some opinions pls..

I think that will look perfect! have you seem he percentage coverage chart before? I'm sure someone can post it. I also posted a link I found of what different carat sizes look like on a size 6 hand so check that our in the diamond reference thread in the stickies!!

For your convenience, I've posted the coverage chart (which I found on Pricescope).

I do believe 1.4 ct will be big enough.

I also have a Tiffany solitaire and I never had any problems with the knife edge!

Enjoy this wonderful time!

Attachments

• RBCSizeOnFingerCP43543.jpg
    RBCSizeOnFingerCP43543.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,134
thanks girls. :smile:
they only have the embrace in 0.5 carat when i go to the shop to try on. it seems big like a carat. but then during that time they only have the classic solitaire in 1.27 n above. so it is abit unfair to compare the 1.27 solitaire to the 0.5 embrace right?

may i have some opinions on this diamond?

1.35 carat, H color vs2

total dept percentage = 62.7
table size percentage = 56
pavilion angle = 41
crown angle = 34.8
star length percentage = 55
lower half length percentage = 75
girdle thickness = medium to slightly thick
girdle finish = faceted
culet = none

but it is not tripple ex. it is ex for cut and polish and very good for symetry
i try it with the pricescope hca tool and it score only 2.2 ....

Have you asked them to look in their computer system and find and Embrace and Solitaire in sizes closer to what you're looking for? They did that for me so I could compare. If you're a serious buyer, they should absolutely do this for you!

And sorry, I'm not an expert in diamonds, so I can't judge the 1.35. Hopefully someone else on here can tell you more! I totally went with my sight when we chose mine. I chose between a .95 and my .81, and chose the .81 because when I looked at them side by side, the .81 was much more sparkly and seemed whiter and more vibrant.

Good luck! And totally get those SA's to get to work bringing in some rings closer to sizes you want. You're spending a lot of money there - they should be more than happy to do that for you! My SA was AMAZING and brought in 3 different rings from other stores for me to compare - and we were only spending $10K, which I'm sure at Tiffany's is nothing!

thanks girls. :smile:
they only have the embrace in 0.5 carat when i go to the shop to try on. it seems big like a carat. but then during that time they only have the classic solitaire in 1.27 n above. so it is abit unfair to compare the 1.27 solitaire to the 0.5 embrace right?

may i have some opinions on this diamond?

1.35 carat, H color vs2

total dept percentage = 62.7
table size percentage = 56
pavilion angle = 41
crown angle = 34.8
star length percentage = 55
lower half length percentage = 75
girdle thickness = medium to slightly thick
girdle finish = faceted
culet = none

but it is not tripple ex. it is ex for cut and polish and very good for symetry
i try it with the pricescope hca tool and it score only 2.2 ....

2.2 sounds really good! That is VG and really quite close to "excellent" ... I'm looking at solitaires now and would be totally comfortable with that! My current Tiffany solitaire is 3.9 on that score and it looks gorgeous and sparkly to me!!

I am actually going to buy the diamond, unseen. Because my husband is going to houston for business, so he is the one going to pick up this particular diamond. Therefore the hca score is really important to me. There is another bigger stone which i like very much, 1.78 carat but too bad the hca score come back as 4!!! Even this 1.35 score 2.2, it is not tripple excellent. :sad: n others which i key in as well dont have score below 2. All above 3. This 1.35 is the nearest to 2. So i am still searching for the perfect stone. Hope something better comes up. If not i would purchase this stone. :smile:
Anyone knows if the embrace more comfy than the classic setting? And if it will look as big as 2 carat? Haha

Hey Honeybeez!
Okay so I've been knee deep in this diamond hunt with Tiffany's and here's what I've found:

You can buy a triple "ex" from Tiffany's and it can come back with a 4 score on the HCA.

My triple "ex" 1.5 came back at 3.9 and had I known about the HCA at the time I'd have probably chosen a different stone.

You may have noticed on the HCA calculator results that it will say that stones that fall in the excellent range (TIL range) under 2.0 "will be much less likely to show any flaws in symmetry" or something... which is very encouraging as two of the diamonds I'm currently looking at at Tiffany's are ex/vg/ex (vg being the symmetry portion of the certificate). After doing enough research I'm really comfortable buying ex/vg/ex from Tiffany's if it comes back with an excellent score on the HCA! EVERYONE says you won't see that symmetry with the naked eye and the ex/ex/ex does seem to be more subjective and less performance oriented.

SO I'd go with the one that scores anything under 2 or even 2.2 say? Don't worry too much about the triple ex from Tiffany's - that does NOT seem to guarantee excellent performance!!

Secondly - I cannot stress this enough (and we have all said this now so please believe us!!!) - THE KNIFE EDGE IS NOT UNCOMFORTABLE IN THE SLIGHTEST!!! Seriously! You have to put that out of your head! Whichever one you choose, do not base the decision on thinking that it is not "comfy" - it's as smooth and easy to wear as I can imagine any ring ever. It's a design that's been around for DECADES and decades. Trust us!!! :smile:

On the Embrace... well it's a different look! It's just gorgeous and you do get more coverage per $$ for sure. If you can swing an embrace in the .8 size or over you'll have amazing finger coverage! My SIL has one and it's really beautiful and hers is .57. It is not raised as high-up in the setting as the classic is, so if you're concerned about catching sweaters or things that might be a concern. Other than that it's all personal taste! Both sparkle like crazy - some people like halos, some don't care for them as much... choose based on that and then choose a stone (IMHO) that scores well on the HCA and enjoy! :smile:

Ok, i have ask the sa on hold this 1.35 stone n waiting for my husband's trip there.
Currently they have the embrace at 1.27 carat g color vss1, costing 10k more!!
Do u think it will give finger coverage like a 2 carat?
Thank u all so much for all the honest opinions.
I m so excited that i m finally getting a tiffany....

Ok, i have ask the sa on hold this 1.35 stone n waiting for my husband's trip there.
Currently they have the embrace at 1.27 carat g color vss1, costing 10k more!!
Do u think it will give finger coverage like a 2 carat?
Thank u all so much for all the honest opinions.
I m so excited that i m finally getting a tiffany....

Yes I think probably it would!

However, when is your husband coming in? If you have a week still, I would try to have another option brought in. A VVS1 in the Embrace style (or any Tiffany's ring but especially a halo'd one) is a bit overkill IMHO... I would stick with a G colour or better because the diamonds they use in the halo will likely be F/G... but especially with the halo no one is going to see the "inclusions" in a VS2 and you'd save A TON of money by going down in clarity. Again I have a 1.5 VS2 and no matter how hard I look I totally cannot see ANY flaws with my eyes! And mine is really exposed... in the Embrace style it will be less so.

Definitely call the 1-800 number on the website and have them quote you any available embraces in the system at VS1 or VS2 in the colour and size you want and get the certificate number, then call that store and see if you can get one SA to work with you to have a ring or two brought in for DF to choose from. :smile: Fun!

Haha, my df is totally clueless on diamonds. However he likes the simple setting more than the embrace. He dont like halo n i dont understand why. Since i dont need such high clarity n color, the embrace which is 10k more is not worth it.
There is a nice sa checking see what is available for me...but nothing came up except that only ONE. Lol...
I think more women will think a halo is nice but fewer man? Haha
Surfergirljen, have u found ur diamond yet? Urs should be amazing! I tried on a 2.02 h color in the classic setting and it is the most beautiful diamond i have ever tried on.
Too bad i dont have that much budget. :smile: and nobody around me wears such big rock!