Thoughts please on Cara delevingne backpacks

farakhan80

O.G.
May 10, 2008
Hi All, its been absolutely ages since ive posted in the forum! ive been on mat leave and i havnt purchased a handbag in ages, ive actually been busy selling most of my collection on ebay for the past year! Anyway, im back to work in sept and wanted to treat myself to a new work bag, i wanted something satchel style but light weight (i have a lovely polly push lock and a sac de jour but both are very heavy) i came across the cara backpacks and i loved the fact the bags could be worn 3 ways, i know the bags havnt been released yet but what are everyones initial thoughts on the backpacks? I went into my local mulberry and they confirmed that the backpacks will also come in oxblood and plain black leather (without the quilting)
I really liked the taupe one with the lion riverts but i know its not practical for work but the oxblood sounds i interesting :graucho: what do you all think?

Interesting to hear that there will be plain leather versions - I think a few ladies here had views on only part of the bags being quilted, and others may prefer plain...

I wonder if many people will warm to this bag when it becomes available... I think the only one that could tempt me would be taupe but without the rivets, and the price would have to be right...

I think I must be the only person in the world to like the khaki camouflage Cara backpack. Probably dislike it once they announce the price though!!!! x
I liked the taupe too but i know in years to come il regret the rivets!
In terms if price, mulberry confirmed the small taupe with rivets is around £1300, i think they also mentioned that there would be an oxblood version of the lion rivets bags too
The quilted bags start at £995 for small and around £1200 for the medium. The plain leather start at £895 for small and i think around £995 for the medium.
S_kat im wondering why they did advertise the plain styles in the collection? I agree it may generate more interest if they had
Sorry charlottlemouse, i dont know the price of the khaki one but i think its around the £1500-2000 mark but i could be wrong

It'll be really interesting to see how well they sell. Mulberry are clearly trying for another "it" bag and they really can't afford another profit warning...

These bags may sell to a completely different customer base, but not necessarily a loyal one. Mulberry also need to keep the many loyal fans happy with more typical M styles.

I am trying to keep an open mind until I see them, but am not convinced so far... I do think some kind of backpack would be handy though, so we'll see. SDRs and Alexas work well for me, so I can live without a new style...

It'll be really interesting to see how well they sell. Mulberry are clearly trying for another "it" bag and they really can't afford another profit warning...

These bags may sell to a completely different customer base, but not necessarily a loyal one. Mulberry also need to keep the many loyal fans happy with more typical M styles.

I am trying to keep an open mind until I see them, but am not convinced so far... I do think some kind of backpack would be handy though, so we'll see. SDRs and Alexas work well for me, so I can live without a new style...

Me too, will be totally fascinated to see how they sell. I just can't see what type of customer base they will appeal to, younger definitely but not sure where many of them will be getting £1300 from ;)
I would imagine the foreign markets have already been flooded with knock offs and this may well have put a lot of people off.