Thoughts on this capelet..yay or nay?

acegirl

Apr 27, 2006
Thinking of getting a capelet & was wondering what you all thought of this. I've never had one before. Do you think they are just a trendy seasonal thing or will this style move into a "classics" catagory? TIA!

Attachments

• 148349_6093.jpg
    148349_6093.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 114
I think it's cute, but highly limiting. Because it's so volumous it would look poorly with a full skirt or anything not fitted and slim. I'd say it's trendy. A shorter caplet may be more successful.

It's really cute but I don't think it will last. If someone had told me last year that capes were going to be in I would've laughed. I agree a shorter one or a short-sleeved one maybe would work a little better so you can at least wear it through spring.

Thanks everyone. I pretty much wear jeans everyday so that's how I was invisioning this. With jeans & boots or ballet flats. I agree that a short one would probably be more versitile. I don't want to spend alot of $$ on something that I will only be able to wear a couple of months before it dies out.

^ It's from Ann Taylor Loft. We are moving to Florida next year so I was actually hoping it wouldn't be too heavy. This year I'm in the midwest so I could layer underneath. Heck, I might never end up wearing it in Florida :P

Thanks everyone. I pretty much wear jeans everyday so that's how I was invisioning this. With jeans & boots or ballet flats. I agree that a short one would probably be more versitile. I don't want to spend alot of $$ on something that I will only be able to wear a couple of months before it dies out.

I like it a lot and think it would look great with the things you described. It would an unusual twist to your outfits!

Thanks for all your feedback girls! I decided to go for it. I have a 20% off coupon so what the hey:P Thanks for helping me decide. I hope it looks as good on me as the model. I can guarantee I'm shorter than her!