Thoughts on this capelet..yay or nay?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Thinking of getting a capelet & was wondering what you all thought of this. I've never had one before. Do you think they are just a trendy seasonal thing or will this style move into a "classics" catagory? TIA!

148349_6093.jpg
  2. Ooh, I like that! Herringbone is always a classic--I'll bet you could carry it into future seasons without a problem. But get more opinions, too. :yes:

3. Would be better if in black

4. I think it's cute, but highly limiting. Because it's so volumous it would look poorly with a full skirt or anything not fitted and slim. I'd say it's trendy. A shorter caplet may be more successful.

5. It's really cute but I don't think it will last. If someone had told me last year that capes were going to be in I would've laughed. I agree a shorter one or a short-sleeved one maybe would work a little better so you can at least wear it through spring.

6. i also think a shorter capelet will be more versatile.

7. Thanks everyone. I pretty much wear jeans everyday so that's how I was invisioning this. With jeans & boots or ballet flats. I agree that a short one would probably be more versitile. I don't want to spend alot of $$ on something that I will only be able to wear a couple of months before it dies out.

8. I love it! If you wear it with jeans it'll always look good!

9. I think it's cute, how warm is it?

also where is that from, I would like soemthing liek that for myself?

10. I think it is very cute, but not very warm. So if you are wearing it in california or a moderate climate, it will be lovely, but not for the northeast.

11. ^ It's from Ann Taylor Loft. We are moving to Florida next year so I was actually hoping it wouldn't be too heavy. This year I'm in the midwest so I could layer underneath. Heck, I might never end up wearing it in Florida :P

12. I like it a lot and think it would look great with the things you described. It would an unusual twist to your outfits!

13. i love it! i think it's def. a classic!

14. Thanks for all your feedback girls! I decided to go for it. I have a 20% off coupon so what the hey:P Thanks for helping me decide. I hope it looks as good on me as the model. I can guarantee I'm shorter than her!

15. I don't much like them, but if I had to choose I would go with a short one...