Thoughts on the new Miss Dior Top Handle Bag?

lovingmochi

Jul 30, 2022
A very very similar version of this lock/clasp came out in 2017 or 2018? (Maybe it's the exact same, doesn't look like it changed.) It did not do well. Came and went like the wind. One moment it was in stores and my SA showed it to me. The next time I went in, never saw it again.

It's not for me. The clasp would bother me. Mostly because it's protruding and I'm pretty sure my careless self would hit it against something all the time lol.

I got the email about it the other day, and it looks great! It’s a far more practical size, and the chain on this version also looks less chintzy. If I didn’t have my Caro, this would definitely be on my list!

I love the Caro as well, and there is certainly some resemblance between the two in terms of size and the cannage design!

Feminine, pretty, but boxy, a bit like the chanel boy
The charms moving near the clasp would bug me.

After looking at it a bit more, it does look a bit like a briefcase lol. Not sure how it well it would close with everyday items in it.

A very very similar version of this lock/clasp came out in 2017 or 2018? (Maybe it's the exact same, doesn't look like it changed.) It did not do well. Came and went like the wind. One moment it was in stores and my SA showed it to me. The next time I went in, never saw it again.

It's not for me. The clasp would bother me. Mostly because it's protruding and I'm pretty sure my careless self would hit it against something all the time lol.

Wow! That's interesting to know. I wonder if this new model will do poorly then. I see what you mean in terms of the clasp. The charms would probably dig into the leather underneath and leave some marks.

I have this in the mini woc style & I love that bag. (Will probably buy another). But even that bag is not without flaws. The center divider limits space. Bags with one open compartment are easier to use & can definitely pack more. But I put up with some minor inconveniences if I love the look. And I do.

But so far not loving the look on the bigger bag & I’m not sure why. I think it’s too square and the chain is not as pretty. I’m happy about the chain’s leather insert & heftier look, but somehow it’s lost something.

Comparatively, the mini caro was very similar in functionality & that bag is very pretty in person. That bag also has the divided structure but the chain is gorgeous. And the mini caro is $1k cheaper.

Next time I look, I’ll check this new bag out, but so far not thrilled.

I have been looking at this online but something about it doesn't quite work for me. I think it might be to do with the narrow front compartment, I'm not sure what you would be able to fit in there. I love the charms and I don't think it will interfere with the magnetic clasp. I have the XS Caro wallet with the charms and it closes with no problems.

The more I see the bag, the more I think it's not the bag for me. I have a 30 Montaigne and two Caros and it feels almost like an in between while also getting MGC's take on Galliano's Miss Dior bag

I like it (based on the pics posted so far). I agree it's a bit boxy, but that wouldn't bother me in the smaller sizes. Not sure about the charms on the clasp though -- will have to try it to see how I feel about it, but it's not a feature I love.

I believe it looks like DiorAddict. I dont recall it exactly but probably one of very first bag design for Dior from Maria. It went away FAST.

Reactions: lill_canele
I think that the Lady Dior Chain Pouches were very cute and the Miss Dior Minis were cute, but the straps didn't have that leather padding so that the chain would rest directly on your shoulder whereas the Miss Dior has the leather portion. I wish it was included on the smaller versions of the bags too!

I think that the Lady Dior Chain Pouches were very cute and the Miss Dior Minis were cute, but the straps didn't have that leather padding so that the chain would rest directly on your shoulder whereas the Miss Dior has the leather portion. I wish it was included on the smaller versions of the bags too!
That is very true. I think that in summer, I much prefer the leather padding on the strap.

But I just took the mini Miss Dior on a trip & that bag is amazing. It was perfect for black tie dinners as well as sightseeing. (I have a similar Gucci woc with chain strap & the Gucci is heavy & much less versatile).

The chain strap on the Dior completely fits through the d rings so it can be worn in multiple ways. (My Gucci does not. So if I double up the chains, there is a risk of unraveling).

I’m so happy with this Dior woc!! I need to save up and buy another one.

Reactions: sylvivia
The Mini Miss Dior is one of my favourite purchases from this year - I absolutely adore it (the only thing I dislike is the flimsy chain but I bought it for events where I’d mostly carry it top handle, so I’m not fussed) so I thought I’d love this bag too - but I don’t. It’s a bag that only looks cute in the smaller, more rectangular size imo.

Here’s a gratuitous picture of my Mini Miss Dior, still in its box. The colour is darker here, but in reality it’s a super light gold.

IMG_3214.jpeg

When I first saw videos of this bag, I was reminded of the Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis. It looks so much nicer and I've never been into top handle bags, but this one has me singing a different tune.

Thanks for sharing your video @Mushroomcloset. You've got a great collection of Dior!

Reactions: Mushroomcloset