Thoughts on my new purse that ended the "bag blahs"?

jadejett

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
After having a hard time saying goodbye to my cat and consequently, being kinda "blah" about purses for the last few weeks, I think I finally broke my purse funk.

I bought this Furla Yolande - polished calfskin in "viola" last night.

furabb-138316bs26yviolap.jpg

I saw it in the October issue of Shop Etc. (which sadly is the last issue ever! They stopped production of the magazine which makes me very sad. :crybaby:) Anyway, I had an immediate reaction, so I did a search and found it on sale!

I have been a big fan of the Jimmy Choo Ramona in patent leather bordeaux for months, so when I saw this, although the two look nothing alike, I thought it made a pretty decent substitute for me personally. I have been craving colour and I love the violet shade! The only concern is that I can't carry it on my shoulder, which I'm not sure I will get used to.

What do you think of my bag ladies? Do you love it? Do you hate it? Did I make a good decision? I'm not sure if I am just reaching to buy something in my attempt to break the purse blahs so I'd love some feedback. :s

I think it's lovely! And yes, it is a good substitute as it adds color in a patent leather to your wardrobe like a JC would. And on sale is a bonus! I hope you are feeling better! Congrats on your new bag!

first of all i would like to say sorry about your cat :crybaby:
and i wanna congratulate you for the bag! it's a beautiful patent bag, i also been thinking of buying a patent bag, but from marni :P

I've never owned a patent leather bag before, and I haven't heard of this particular term - "polished calfskin" - sounds so luxurious! :lol:
I just hope it doesn't look cheap!

first of all i would like to say sorry about your cat :crybaby:
and i wanna congratulate you for the bag! it's a beautiful patent bag, i also been thinking of buying a patent bag, but from marni :P

Yes! Do you mean a silk one? I don't have any of those I wouldn't know where to start. :shrugs:

It sounds fab though. :yes:

A silk twilly would look fabulous. They are easier to tie than regular scarfs. Here is an example:
061266s04.jpg

Here is my bag with a twilly:

Attachments

• k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 160