those with 2004 maroon...

didi78

O.G.
May 20, 2006
Hi everyone! LONG TIME NO WRITE. I've been in hiding for about a year now! First, wanted to say hi to everyone i know on this forum.

the other day, i took out my 2004 maroon to use (since the weather is slightly colder and i'm starting to wear more fall colors). i noticed that the leather had a strong, perfumy smell. I noticed that smell before when I first got it, but I guess it's been in the dust bag for a few months so the smell was much more concentrated than usual. I've heard from an acquiantance that all the 2004 maroon leather have a perfumy smell to it...just wondering for those with this color, have you noticed this?

Thank you! Hope all of you are doing well!:heart:

didi hi!!!! I knew I recognized your name. Where have you been hiding? lol

It's funny you mention this......I bought a used marron on ebay and I have never used because of THIS issue. When I bought it, it was a weird time where I was busy didn't really inspect it, time went by.... I took it out of the bag and it stunk! BUT, to me the smell is like a BBQ or a fireplace....a wood burning smell. LOL!!! Weird huh...... I chalked it up to the previous owner lived in an adobe home I believe in Santa Fe and invisioned many beautiful but smelly fires in the fireplace. Maybe..right? This is my imagination working as that is the smell I'm smelling. LOL! I basically wrote it off as my fault, my mistake, whatever and put it in it's own bag with a bounce dryer sheet. That did help, but the smell is still there. I don't see it ever going away...(:

So, that's my story. I'm curious to hear what you reply.......Is that the smell or did I just end up with a bag that smells like it lived in a bonfire? hahaha.....:nuts:

how weird - i bought a used 04 First maroon and it just smells like a Bal bag... i think leather bags in general tend to pick up certain strong smells and trap them in the skin or pores of the bag. try sticking it in it's dustbag with a dryer sheet. i have also heard that charcoal sheets, like what they sell to put on top of a cat box, can work to help eliminate smell. you can prob pick them up at a pet store.

good luck de-smelling your bag! it's such a gorgy color to leave it tucked away!

I have an 04 Marron and no weird smells here. I had the weird perfumey smell with another Bbag but wrapping it in used dryer sheets for a few days took care of the problem.