Those who are non-Birkin owners (yet) - Say Aye!!!

I would like to get a birkin one day, when I can save up but things keep getting in the way. I would love a 30 black togo PHW.

I have a vintage 28 croc Kelly, a vermillion 28 chevre Kelly, a rouge evelyne and a 23cms vermillion constance.

Aye! :biggrin:

No Birkin (yet?) - as much as I love the bag I do agree it might be a bit "showy" to carry around. I might want one in the future, but, I don't know - I might feel too self consious to ever carry it out on the street. Having spent so much $$$ on a bag I would want to use it, too! Some very conflicting emotions...

Having said that I do have a Kelly......but I do find the Kelly to be easier to carry as it looks more like a briefcase and blends in better.

Others bags:
Picotin PM
Bolide 31
Massai PM
Evelyne PM (have since been with my sister...)

Sometime in the future I will be adding a PB and a Lindy and another Kelly. :biggrin:

Ooooo how beautifully addictive is Hermes!!

that somewhat seems to be my problem too, CrazyforHermes. although the birkin is really a beautiful bag. i'm sort of "afraid" to carry it - if i intend to get one.

I'm not " afraid " to carry one ( I do prefer a bag that can also worn on the shoulder ) but I see them everywhere and that really turns me off. I love the Kelly which I have been using for many many years , long before Hermès was " à la mode" ...

The day I bought a Lindy , the SM told me it was one of the bags that now sold very well .... I told him that it was THE thing he shouldn't be telling me !!!! I still got it and think it's the best bag Hermès has made since the Kelly :graucho:

I would be totally self-concious if I ever carry a birkin out! It's just too fancy for my lifestyle....... I could only imagine a beatiful birkin sitting inside my closet (if I could afford one) and that would be such a waste!!!!

Currently, I have a all-leather GP in TPM chocolate color and a 30cm bi-color lindy. I absolutely adore them and carry them all the time without being nervous!!

I hope to get a massai PM sometime next year!! Yay!!

Another "Aye" here!

One day I'll have a Birkin (and hopefully a Kelly) but for now, I am completely loving my GP and Picotin. Multiple Birkins are not in my future, unless I win the lottery (which would truly be a miracle since I don't play) or unless I inherit millions from my long lost Aunt Myrtle! :P

Baileylab, I think with the US economy, acquiring a birkin is less work than it once was.

Having said that, no birkin for me - I am not a birkin gal. My collection (started in Nov 08)

32 barenia HAC ghw
noir evelyne GM togo ghw
barenia toile evelyne pm phw
28 porc sellier kelly ghw
28 Black box sellier Kelly ghw
indigo barenia picotin pm with orange chevre lined handles phw
poussiere clemence picotin MM (anxiously awaiting) phw
40 marron fonce fjord paris bombay phw
black evergrain jige pm
arctic blue box jige pm
noisette box jige pm

No Birkin for me (yet)! I'd love to have one some day but I think it will be a few years.
My collection at the moment:
Jige PM
Picotin PM
28cm Kelly
Trim II
Evelyne PM

Next up I'm thinking of a Marwari PM or all leather GP...:graucho:

No Birkin here! Probably will never be, either. I say probably only because I've looked through the floopy birkin thread, and they do look quite lovely when they've been to h*ll and back. Before a week ago, I would have said NEVER. I've always thought they were an It bag - a bit too recognizable, but too casual also.

Right now I have a '73 Penelope... and Santa might have something from the 50s under the tree for Vintage :angel:

I probably won't ever own a Birkin (and can't afford one now anyway)...I prefer shoulder/messenger bags and slouchy hobos most of all. I don't own any H bags yet, but I hope to get an Evelyne GM in the next year or two and maybe also a Gao, Bolide, and/or Picotin eventually. I adore H scarves and have a few other little things too.

Thank you, everyone!

I'm thinking of owning a birkin NOW because:

i know it won't go out of style

It's still a friggin rockin' bag after all these years - the kelly i find it doesn't really rock but oozes elegance (i'm being partial here as I have a kelly :P)

I have the funds for 2010 and am ready to get one

the price increase is making me nervous...

the older i get the less i can use shoulder carry, hence a hand/elbow bag starting asap

I don't mind a shoulder birkin 2 too

"Aye!" I don't have a Birkin and I'm not sure that I ever will. I prefer the north-south orientation of the HAC over the east-west orientation of the Birkin, but I also feel like the Birkin might be a little too well-known and I like my bags to be bit more unknown.

I don't have any H bags right now, but I have a few H SLGs and quite a few scarves. I'm thinking about a Picotin MM/GM, a Victoria FT, or a Web 1923 for my first H bag in 2011. I have all of 2010 to decide which bag will be my first H.

baileylab, if you have the money for a Birkin and want one, then definitely go for it!

hanks, LVdreamer.

the money is no problem (for ONE birkin) it's the procurement. I used to stress about it. it;s like what the hell?..... all this trouble for a bag?

well if i can't get it then i'll just get a kelly 35.

i already have a kelly and a birkin seemed ok as it's another style.