Those who are non-Birkin owners (yet) - Say Aye!!!

baileylab, I dont own a birkin, and only a Kelly Sz 32, plus a couple of scarves and accessories =)

I dont think I'll get one yet, basically becos, i dont know where to take it to. I dont even find the right occasion to carry my Kelly sometimes. Not becos I dont attend functions and events, but primarily becos, most of my friends are much older and wealthier, carry no-label bags. I feel kinda shy to bring the bag with me when Im out with them...

And when I go out with friends of my age grp, they only use labels like LV, Miu Miu, and at the very most, Chanel! The only time im feel comfy to use H-bag is when I go out with lunch or dinner with DH at wineries or nice restaurants =X

Oh well, maybe it's just me..

Felle1984 - good thing my in laws aren't familiar with H at all. And H being a No Label Out Loud bag they just tell me my bag is cute (lindy) and that the messenger has a nice but different color (prune evelyne).

Well at least you still go out with DH with your H bags. I'm with my H bags when i'm usually by myself like when i have my Me day every weekend. When we're going out to dinner with friends i usually bring a small no label clutch.

But my bags just make me smile when i open my closet :love:

I adore the Birkin and the Kelly, always have. Either one had always been my HG.(still is really)However I knew I'd probably never ever have one, mainly due to cost!! And therefore my dream of owning an Hermes bag ended. Then I discovered the Evelyne and joy of joys I found my H bag. I adore the Evelyne as I love messenger bags, I feel restricted by bags that you can only hand carry, which is why the Birkin would never be practical for me, I'd never get the use out of it to justify the cost. I am considering a Picotin for days when I don't want a cross body bag. But that'll be a way off in the future as I'm having to much fun with the H accessories at the moment.

So to sum up, I love and adore the Birkin, but I shall never have one unless i win the lottery.

I do think some people get fixated on the Birkin and think that its the be all and all of Hermes, but its so not!!!

Last edited:
I know that feeling of opening up your closet of bags/ scarves/ accessories with a smile! Heehee, and opening up orange boxes too! DH always ask me why I wanna buy H, if I cant bring them out often enough.. And I said, it's so that i can hand it down to my dd (if and when i have one of course!) :graucho:

I guess that's the very reason why we need TPF, and fellow TPF-ers, to bring the bags on an outing and get more sun on them! :lol:

nice insight, littleblckbag. yes we're prune evelyne gm3 bag twins :biggrin:

i have since DIY'd my strap. cut it - yes i cut it & sewn it back on and now i absolutely love it!!!! With the shorter strap now my E feels light as a feather!

but i must agree, maybe i should buy more accessories now. i have enough bags, really.

hanks, LVdreamer.

the money is no problem (for ONE birkin) it's the procurement. I used to stress about it. it;s like what the hell?..... all this trouble for a bag?

well if i can't get it then i'll just get a kelly 35.

i already have a kelly and a birkin seemed ok as it's another style.

Oh, okay, I understand. It does seem a bit frustrating that you can't just walk into a store and buy a Birkin if you want one and that it seems like you have to buy other things before you can get a Birkin. I've never really thought about the procurement because, like I said, I'm not particularly a Birkin fan and the H bags that I do like seem to be pretty widely available.

Maybe a great condition pre-owned Birkin would be good for you? ... it would solve the procurement problem.

Great thread! Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. I have long coveted a Kelly, then a Birkin, now I am almost more intrigued by the Kelly again. For me it's totally in the stars until I win the lottery (which I also don't play:P). Have a nice assortment of scarves which I adore and have collected for the past 17 years and will keep dreaming about a Kelly or Birkin ....

thanks LVdreamer, but sadly, no preloved birkin for my first birkin.

I'll just sing the song que sera sera heheheheheh and pray to God really hard!

If it's there, it's there. If not, then hmmmmm - i'll think of a plan B later.