This site is useless!

Ahhh...just figured out the 'Quote' button. Think I'm getting the hang of this stuff....

Welcome back! :biggrin:

Glad to hear you're figuring it out. :yes:

BTW, soon after I first came here, I asked about the authenticity of an older Chloe bag and nobody responded at all!

At first, I was slightly worried that I might be being ignored because I was new, but then I realised that people had responded fine to my other posts and that not that many people know about the older and/or more obscure Chloe bags.

At that time, all authentity questions (for all brands) were posted as entire threads in the Authenticate This! forum and if nobody answered your question, it just slid down the board.

So, from then on, I made a point of answering any questions, even when I didn't have a clue about the brand, by saying 'I'm afraid I'm not a xxx expert, but hopefully someone will be able to help you soon! :biggrin: ' in order to bump the thread and to try to prevent people from feeling ignored; like you and I did.

However, now all authenticity questions, for each brand, take place on the one thread, if we answer all the questions (even those we have no clue about) we run the risk of swelling already enormous threads into a real monsters! :shocked:

Hope this explains things, a little! :biggrin:

BTW, I agree with TwistedEmily and BA, that calling Swankymama, 'Swanky what's-her-face', is a bit rude! Especially as she's just doing her (again, unpaid, as far as I know) job. :yes:

Hi! it's me, "what's her face".:rolleyes:

Is this the comment that I "scolded" you with?:

Hi, you already posted this same questions here:
What bag is this???

no need to post it again, also we don't permit duplicates.
You are welcome, however, to 'bump' up you original thread in case it sank and no one sees it now.

I was merely pointing out the rule and giving you a tip on how to get more exposure.
In the future, instead of starting a thread bashing the very place you're seeking to help from, PM the person who was offensive:yes:

If you do choose to stick around, you'll quickly see that we run a VERY tight ship, there's a whole slew of us "what's her faces" and we keep the Purse Forum safe, easy to browse and free of offensive content.

The community of members here is unlike anywhere else, tPF is FULL of uber-helpful and caring people . . . you'll see.

Agreed!!

Of all the forums I think Chloe Babe's are the best!!

I didn't respond to your Auth request because I didn't know anything about the bag you were asking about (a framed doctor's satchel, IIRC). Sorry!

:lol: Swanky, can we call you that?

Janette, you sure know how to leave an impression, girlfriend! If you choose to stick around, you'll like it here. Especially in the Chloe forum. We are very well behaved... This is only the first of two controversies we've had in the past few days. :P The mods keep us in line if we misbehave... :lecture:

Welcome back.

Is this the comment that I "scolded" you with?:

I was merely pointing out the rule and giving you a tip on how to get more exposure.
In the future, instead of starting a thread bashing the very place you're seeking to help from, PM the person who was offensive:yes:

If you do choose to stick around, you'll quickly see that we run a VERY tight ship, there's a whole slew of us "what's her faces" and we keep the Purse Forum safe, easy to browse and free of offensive content.

The community of members here is unlike anywhere else, tPF is FULL of uber-helpful and caring people . . . you'll see.

Yes...and I wasn't sure how to 'bump' my question. And I figured out where to post the proper questions now...I wasn't sure where to find the Authenticate This thread in the beginning:shrugs: ...but thanks for all the good advice here....and sorry, swanky...no hard feelings here.

But I'll keep coming back, as my addiction seems to be growing:wondering

I've posted things and no one has replied but you just keep posting and people eventually will respond, everyone here is so nice and honest and extremely helpful :yes:

yeah, it's a right of passage. . . we must close 100 authenticity questions a day and tell people where to post them! Feel free to click on a Moderator's name to send a PM anytime you have a question or concern :yes: