This is why I hate EBay!!

Wait...first, that woman is only about half an hour from me! I'm in Monroeville every weekend! lol

Second, Pittsburgh SAKS hasn't sold LV in years.

Third...when was Delightful released? The date code says 2003, but I thought that Delightful wasn't released until around 06? I bought mine the day Delightful was released, and I am POSITIVE that it wasn't 2003.

Right! What BS!!
Then there are the sellers that get mad because we ask a few questions... Geez!!

Well I hate to say but I wouldn't buy from you with that attitude.
If im giving you almost $1000.00 I want to know EVERYTHING about that bag!
Sorry but that is the way I am! :shrugs:
The only thing I have ever bought used is my cosmetic case. Everything worked out wonderful with that transaction.
But as I said in another post.. I'm buying NEW ONLY!!
The risk just isn't worth it!! :nogood:

I know this is old but i just had to say ITA!! :smile:

Well, just because it has the same date code doesn't mean it's the same bag. It's unlikely that it's a different one though, yes.

Perhaps she's fibbing about where she got it to stop potential bidders assuming it's fake. There are a lot of people out there who don't want to buy a bag unless their seller has bought it from the boutique personally. This whole, 'I got this from another eBay seller' thing goes hand in hand with people who sell fakes and claim it's a case of 'sold as seen' and that they therefore cannot guarantee authenticity (often code for - 'this is an awful fake but I'll see if I can offload it on someone else'). If the bag is authentic I can sort of understand why she wouldn't disclose that it was purchased from someone else on eBay. Though it's pretty silly not to realise these things can easily be checked up on.

This is exactly the point I was sort of trying to make last year when I initially posted, I believe she may have felt that many potential buyers would walk away from her sale because she didn't specifically buy it 'straight from a boutique'. This is such a common question, buyers just don't understand that a dishonest person will lie about that, and there are plenty of honest sellers and authentic bags out there that weren't purchased directly first person from a boutique, I think a lot of people ask and use that as a tool for authenticity, which is silly. It just doesn't matter. There are no longer photos on the originally posted auctions but I would have walked away anyway, due to her lies, and because the listing details are iffy, and of course that's never okay.

Right! What BS!!
Then there are the sellers that get mad because we ask a few questions... Geez!!

I know this is old but i just had to say ITA!! :smile:

I don't know if these comments are partially addressed toward me, but I will say that just because it is my choice as an honest seller to not normally respond in length to eBayers who mail me a lot of questions that aren't pertinent to the sale, the bag's details, shipping, or its authenticity... it certainly isn't called for for members here to tell me I have an attitude. I don't. It's just simply my opinion based on a decade of experience, and it works for me.

Historically speaking, over the last several years, I have found that the more professional, simpler, and shortest listings bring the highest sales from THE best and most low-maintenance customers. In the beginning and sometimes even recently, when I have tried to list things on a more personal level, giving a bag's history, if I traded it on a FB group from another TPF'er, bought on consignment, bought at the boutique on holiday with my husband in Chicago etc... :P Truthfully, they don't sell. It's amazing, I can take out all the little riff raff info, keep it professional like Yoogi's or Fashionphile listings would be, and the bag will then sell the next week!

Keep in mind too, that eBay will not automatically give us sellers a five star rating for communication if there is ANY back-and-forth communication between a seller and the buyer, so we get dinged for that. EBay likes us to have a clear, detailed, professional listing right from the get-go that doesn't require any extra conversations. And good sellers do include everything a buyer would need to know in order to make an informed pre-loved purchase decision. (Although there are couple of Japan sellers that I adore, who often neglect to post a date code and that drives me nuts! :P) In general though in my opinion if a listing is so shady, or photos are so lacking that all details, condition, and the ability to double and triple check authenticity aren't already posted, then I as a buyer, just simply move on and don't purchase. I guess I just hate to see shoppers get frustrated with ebay or make generalizations, based on a few shady sellers.

Last edited:
Hi!~ oh yes that absolutely makes sense... I do get some questions like 'may I ask if you have had any problems with this bag, or why are you not keeping it does it feel small?.. etc... and of course I'm happy to answer! I usually have a sentence in my listings that already states I'm just selling to fund something else. :biggrin: As is almost always the case. Ha ha. (Fickle as I am!)

I think last year when this thread was 1st started I may have gotten a bit too defensive because I was just getting a slew of potential buyers at the time who would seem very accusatory, and ask entire paragraphs like 'where was this purchased, why don't you offer the receipt, why are you selling it, etc... and it can come off as a little too assertive to honest sellers once in awhile... but of course you can kind of tell when a buyer is just being sweet, and curious about your item. That is definitely okay with sellers. :smile:

Regarding my handle, no, and I don't think I'm allowed to post it. :P I only have a couple items up at the moment. Trying to wind down the craziness for summer! Lol. I must say eBay has gotten more difficult for sellers this year too! I had a best offer option for awhile up on a $700 Chanel necklace and people actually sent offers of $25. Ugggggh. Lol! I sent it and some other things to Yoogi's instead. And I hope eBay starts protecting sellers better in the near future. I think honest small time sellers are running away in droves.

Thanks for this reply. I didn't notice the original post was a year ago, ha ha.
I also didn't know we can't put our eBay handles on tPF. I would definitely feel more comfortable buying from a longtime trusted tPF member. Thanks anyway ..

Reactions: Shoppingalways
Thanks for this reply. I didn't notice the original post was a year ago, ha ha.
I also didn't know we can't put our eBay handles on tPF. I would definitely feel more comfortable buying from a longtime trusted tPF member. Thanks anyway ..

Oh I know what you mean! :smile: Sometimes when I see an auction that states they are a TPF member, even if the listing is very well put together I will still ask if they don't mind sharing their TPF ID. (I never mind sharing mine either.) Then you can sometimes even maybe see more past modeling shots of the item they are selling. :P It's reassuring. I have met a lot of TPF friends initially through eBay actually! And I think there are quite a few TPF sellers on Bonanza too. I check there from time to time. I could name a few that are also long-time members here but again, not sure if I'm allowed to lol... I will check around and see if there is a thread... I know there is one where members can share their youtube videos but I'd be super surprised if we're allowed to share our sale booths. But it can sometimes help to search for that 'TPF member' line in listings. Not that it's always legitimate & you have to be careful still/authenticate, but I have found that often it is truthful.

Oh I know what you mean! :smile: Sometimes when I see an auction that states they are a TPF member, even if the listing is very well put together I will still ask if they don't mind sharing their TPF ID. (I never mind sharing mine either.) Then you can sometimes even maybe see more past modeling shots of the item they are selling. :P It's reassuring. I have met a lot of TPF friends initially through eBay actually! And I think there are quite a few TPF sellers on Bonanza too. I check there from time to time. I could name a few that are also long-time members here but again, not sure if I'm allowed to lol... I will check around and see if there is a thread... I know there is one where members can share their youtube videos but I'd be super surprised if we're allowed to share our sale booths. But it can sometimes help to search for that 'TPF member' line in listings. Not that it's always legitimate & you have to be careful still/authenticate, but I have found that often it is truthful.

I know there's a Facebook group where members share and get together. And one has to be invited to. I just prefer to remain anonymous (not a proud addict but hey). Yeah if there is some sort of location where we can buy/sell with each other (honest members only) please let me know. I'm aware no buying/selling is allowed on tPF although I never understood why I'm guessing it due to unscrupulous buyers and sellers. Thanks Ishcat, I've always enjoyed your posts :biggrin:

I know there's a Facebook group where members share and get together. And one has to be invited to. I just prefer to remain anonymous (not a proud addict but hey). Yeah if there is some sort of location where we can buy/sell with each other (honest members only) please let me know. I'm aware no buying/selling is allowed on tPF although I never understood why I'm guessing it due to unscrupulous buyers and sellers. Thanks Ishcat, I've always enjoyed your posts :biggrin:

I will message you with an idea or 2... I compleeeeetely understand about the anonymity.
And thank you. :sunshine:

Last edited:
I was so nervous about listing my LV on Ebay but I went for it. Yep, turned out about how I thought it would. Had a buyer with a feedback of 2 bid and win. After she won she contacted me and asked if I had the receipt. Um no I listed everything that came with the bag in the auction and the receipt isn't one of them. I looked up her feedback and one of the 2 items she'd won she'd returned! I then looked up her bidding history and not three hours after she won my bag she was already bidding on other bags. I opened the non-paying bidder case on her this morning and got a message from her that she had no intention of paying. Gosh I hope Ebay kicks her off.

I was so nervous about listing my LV on Ebay but I went for it. Yep, turned out about how I thought it would. Had a buyer with a feedback of 2 bid and win. After she won she contacted me and asked if I had the receipt. Um no I listed everything that came with the bag in the auction and the receipt isn't one of them. I looked up her feedback and one of the 2 items she'd won she'd returned! I then looked up her bidding history and not three hours after she won my bag she was already bidding on other bags. I opened the non-paying bidder case on her this morning and got a message from her that she had no intention of paying. Gosh I hope Ebay kicks her off.

LMAO whhhaat? She told you she had no intention of paying? What a waste of time and space. I think people get all trigger happy and bid random amounts just to win but it really effects the sellers of course! Ugh makes me not want to sell on ebay and deal w/ that crap. Sorry to hear hope you find a serious bidder in the end.

LMAO whhhaat? She told you she had no intention of paying? What a waste of time and space. I think people get all trigger happy and bid random amounts just to win but it really effects the sellers of course! Ugh makes me not want to sell on ebay and deal w/ that crap. Sorry to hear hope you find a serious bidder in the end.

I know right! I'm tempted to be a little more patient and see if I can find a buyer on Bonanza or CL. It's OK too cause after I listed it I was reading on here peoples stories about cleaning up their bags and I kinda was sorry I didn't try fixing her up a little before listing. Now I can. :biggrin:

I am so sorry for you, that is why I am so afraid to list my LV on ebay even though I know I can make more money.

There's just too little quality control on the bay. Which means you can have perfect, perfect sellers giving you more than you thought you were getting (many times the description and feedback are tell-tale), but more often than not, the business practices are the absolute pits. There is no real regulation, which means you are the regulator. Many buyers seem to be equally as awful, not to hate on the sellers. Sooo, I really, really want you to get your dream bag at a great price, but wow, I'd be really careful, make sure you buy from a tpf'er and listen to all the voices in your head if they have problems! This might sound cynical, but with Ebay it's almost guilty until proven innocent. At least with designer handbags... I've never kept a bag I bought on Ebay. The whole experience just doesn't compare... but HTH if you do!! There are good experiences to be had! :hugs:

Also, I should add, I've sold a few on Ebay, perfect condition, all tags, bag, receipt, box, everything it came with, packaged nicely with a purse organizer gift.... I just wanted my buyers to feel special opening up the bag, as special as I felt in the store. So even if someone can't afford to shop in the store, I can give them some luxury. Obviously I couldn't sell everything like that or I'd be broke, so I usually don't sell. It's my DH's Ebay store (to sell other things) and I've only used it a few times for bags. To me, sure I might lose a little money with packaging and the gift, and answering all their questions, but I'll have more money for another bag, and I'll give someone their dream bag in a special way, the way I'd want to get it. At least one of my buyers- this was her first lv. Of course she should be treated special! I once bought a prada bag off the bay that came stuff in a fed-ex envelope and plopped right out when I opened it. I felt like I'd just been to a flea market! I honestly wish that all Ebayers saw it as a community, where we all help each other. That's how tpf is! The first buyer of the first bag I listed won the listing but never paid, no communication! Like I said, I wish there were more of a sense of community, like only tpfers with 1,000 posts could have a tpf badge on their store listing... and by their buyer feedback. lol, something that would help. There are so many wolves out there!!

Reactions: Dooneysta