This goes out to those of you who are worrying about people's reactions to your LV

I dnt care what people think of my bags. Well, i bought my bags and i didnt ask them for money anyway. Hehe! There's nothing wrong if we carry designer bags because these things make us happy and I consider my bags as investments too.

Some people like to stick to unbranded or not designer bags some like to...it all boils down to what they say "different strokes for different folks".

Be proud of your collection or what you have. It's yours so enjoy!

I think that's the best part about getting older. Of course, it's great to be young, we all were once. But inevitably, we age. I do find, however, that I am much more comfortable "in my skin" than I was when younger. I don't care what people think, what they see, or how I'm perceived. As long as I'm not harming anyone, people can think what they will about me. I wear what I want, go where I want and buy what I want. In the end, nothing anyone thinks matters anyway, we have one life to live, and we owe it to ourselves to live it to the hilt!
:woohoo: I'm late, but this is very true. Stay true to yourself and you can't go wrong. ;)

I think that's the best part about getting older. Of course, it's great to be young, we all were once. But inevitably, we age. I do find, however, that I am much more comfortable "in my skin" than I was when younger. I don't care what people think, what they see, or how I'm perceived. As long as I'm not harming anyone, people can think what they will about me. I wear what I want, go where I want and buy what I want. In the end, nothing anyone thinks matters anyway, we have one life to live, and we owe it to ourselves to live it to the hilt!
My thoughts exactly!:tup:

I like that quote tiggycat! Sometimes your family and friends don't care much either (not meaning husband or kids, but others!) I LOVE LV too and do tend to stare when I see a LV, but not because I'm judging...mostly because I'm jealous (in a good way), but by next week I'll have an LV of my own to love. My sweet husband bought it for me because I've wanted one for about 25 years but have always put other things first. It's those little surprises that just make your day! :yahoo:
Oh, and by the way...the only reason I know about my "surprise" is because he was so excited to give it to me and he can't keep a secret! LOL! It's so funny! But now I have to suffer through waiting for it to arrive!!! So I'll wear it proudly and y'all should too! :cool:

UWMsGirl said:
Well said. I for one could care less what people I don't know think about me or what I drive, what handbags I have, etc....I have never been one to care! My saying to everybody who has something to say has been the same "The day I ask you to buy me anything is the day you get a say on what I spend my money on". Shuts them up real fast.:yahoo:

Here here! :smile:

Well said. I for one could care less what people I don't know think about me or what I drive, what handbags I have, etc....I have never been one to care! My saying to everybody who has something to say has been the same "The day I ask you to buy me anything is the day you get a say on what I spend my money on". Shuts them up real fast.:yahoo:
:woohoo: I've always thought of it like that! "Do you pay my bills?" Hmm, no, so their opinions don't matter.

I am not good at remembering faces. But when I see one with an LV, then I see him or her again, that's when I remember that person (mainly because I associate him/her with the LV). Weird huh?

That is *brilliant*. Very, very true. :tup: :woohoo:

Sidenote: this is also the best lesson my husband ever taught me. When we were still dating, he told me one day that he was going to take a certain friend to a certain place (details irrelevant, nothing illegal, disgusting, or too strange, just a place you wouldn't expect to see this other person), and his father had asked him, "what will other people think?!" Hubby's response was, "Why would I care what other people think?" And he genuinely, *genuinely* meant it. Fifteen years later I still vividly remember that conversation, and I've learned the wonderful freedom from having absorbed that philosophy. :tup: Live your life honestly, meet your responsibilities, do your business dealings with integrity, take care of those you love, and beyond that, really, why would you even care what anyone else thinks?

Last edited:
momtok said:

Sidenote: this is also the best lesson my husband ever taught me. When we were still dating, he told me one day that he was going to take a certain friend to a certain place (details irrelevant, nothing illegal, disgusting, or too strange, just a place you wouldn't expect to see this other person), and his father had asked him, "what will other people think?!" Hubby's response was, "Why would I care what other people think?" And he genuinely, *genuinely* meant it. Fifteen years later I still vividly remember that conversation, and I've learned the wonderful freedom from having absorbed that philosophy. :tup: Live your life honestly, meet your responsibilities, do your business dealings with integrity, take care of those you love, and beyond that, really, why would you even care what anyone else thinks?

What a wonderful recipe for living life well. Thanks.

Beautiful piece of advice! :hugs:

You are a very wise lady.