This Chanel sellers claims....

Varied_obsessions

Because I said so
O.G.
May 7, 2006
No saying or words guarantee authenticity. There are crooks everywhere. You must know your product, get it authenticated if you need it and ask a the seller questions. Also ask for his/her TPF id and then check them out.

Kpassa

Mar 20, 2008
Ask them for their TPF member name then send them a private message here to see if they really are. But as it's already been pointed out, being a TPF member doesn't mean they don't sell fakes.

stefyp

O.G.
Jan 5, 2006
Sunny Italy
Plus,in one older listing (LV Bedford one) she states she's been a member for over 2 years...now she states she is from over one year only...:confused1: :s

northerndancer

What, me worry?
O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
The Cool Cool North
I came here first because a seller had said she was a TPF member and I wanted to check out TPF. I decided to stick around and I have learned so much about authenticity and tips on how to avoid getting ripped off. (I have also spent a lot more money since I have been here - TPF does that to people.)

mjlover1977

happy
O.G.
Nov 19, 2007
Sydney, Australia
it definitely doesnt mean that you are going to have a smooth transaction (which i naively thought!) but i guess that you are less likely to get scammed because other people 'know' you ... i dont know i just tend to trust people!

Awwgeez

Mar 5, 2008
I see more and more people saying Im a TPF member and dont sell fakes! LIke im going to think "Phew! shes a TPF member!" Any scammer can become a TPF member write a post everyday and still sell fakes. I really Dont like when i see tpf in the title. IF scammers start using it as a tool to get people to buy from them then what???? Just irritates me.

I also joined here because a buyer asked if I was a member. She suggested that I join (Thanks! I love it) and Ive been addicted ever since!!