This Chanel sellers claims....

No saying or words guarantee authenticity. There are crooks everywhere. You must know your product, get it authenticated if you need it and ask a the seller questions. Also ask for his/her TPF id and then check them out.

Ask them for their TPF member name then send them a private message here to see if they really are. But as it's already been pointed out, being a TPF member doesn't mean they don't sell fakes.

I came here first because a seller had said she was a TPF member and I wanted to check out TPF. I decided to stick around and I have learned so much about authenticity and tips on how to avoid getting ripped off. (I have also spent a lot more money since I have been here - TPF does that to people.)

it definitely doesnt mean that you are going to have a smooth transaction (which i naively thought!) but i guess that you are less likely to get scammed because other people 'know' you ... i dont know i just tend to trust people!

I see more and more people saying Im a TPF member and dont sell fakes! LIke im going to think "Phew! shes a TPF member!" Any scammer can become a TPF member write a post everyday and still sell fakes. I really Dont like when i see tpf in the title. IF scammers start using it as a tool to get people to buy from them then what???? Just irritates me.

I also joined here because a buyer asked if I was a member. She suggested that I join (Thanks! I love it) and Ive been addicted ever since!!