Thinking of quitting

I like to post about small boutiques that I know offer good service and quality products, and I've been "questioned" sometimes too about that by some bag snobs that seem to look down on folks who either won't or can't spend upwards of $1k on a bag. I don't care what others think if I don't carry a Vuitton or Chloe or whatever the IT bag of the day happens to be. I come here to see what's going on and find out about brands like the one you posted about....so stick around and educate us about Marino since I never heard of it but would like to learn.

I don't know what your personal experience was and I'm genuinely sorry if you felt ganged up upon, but the reason that very new members are sometimes 'questioned', as you call it, when their first post is heavily promoting a little known designer, is that this forum, like all forums, suffers from spam, from time-to-time.

It is often impossible to tell whether a brand new member has come here with the sole intention of promoting their own company, whilst posing as a fan; or is in fact a genuine fan of the designer.

If the members here were always positive towards potential spam, until they were absolutely sure it wasn't spam, this forum would, presumably be overrun with it and would be a far less pleasant place for everyone to visit.

This does not mean that the 'questioners' are against new designers, or are 'bag snobs' and frankly, calling them that, is a form of prejudice in itself.

Well said, Rose!

LOL at ShimmaPuff. If I hadn't used my hard-earned money to buy that bag, I'd have chosen this one:

ChicBoutique's Etsy Shop - Messenger Bag - Ocean Waves
$18 plus shipping

Stock, I hope you'll give this forum a chance. If you're still looking for a bucket bag, how about checking out Tano bags?

tano bag details including dimensions color and price

Let me just say that although I drool over Spy Bags, B-bags, Zac Posens, Jimmy Choos etc...
My most expensive bags are Dooneys. I own 7 and all but two were purchases for me by a boyfriend. But I LOVE purses and I feel like I belong here whether I can afford a $1k+ bag or not.
I just LOVE bags, period.

Having said that....I recently bought a Tano Boogie Bucket bag and I can't say enough about it! I adore this purse and I got it with a (now expired) 40% off code through The Fashion Boutique.net - Designer Fashions - Hand Bags | Hype | Christiana and saved a ton! Such a great bag for SUCH a great price! It was my first Tano but certainly not my last! I highly recommend Tano.

Wow!! long thread of encouragement!
soooo happy it has a GOOD ENDING!!!
:yahoo: GLAD YOU ARE STAYING!!!:yahoo:

I am on the processes of selling almost all the bags I'm no longer using...
Kate Spade, Coach, botkier, and other italian made bags...
need cash for more LV's...:shame:
but guess what will stay among my collection....

attachment.php

I love this bag... it's one of my first designer's...
it's probably called a vintage by now,
it's in perfect condition and still love it to bits!:love:

Attachments

• ebay items.jpg
    ebay items.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 175
I agree with everyone here. Don't go - Dooney bags are VERY nice and I don't have half the collection of bags most people do here yet I love reading about all the different varieties. Stay stay stay!

Sarsi, that's so pretty! I have a flap bag that is similiar in style that is navy/british tan/green and I love it. I got it probably around '93 and it is still in fabulous condition. :smile:

Glad you are staying... I think everyone should buy anything that they love without the worry that someone else might not love it.

However, time and time again in this posts, the people that do choose to spend upwards of 1K on bags kind of get badtalked a little as well.I'm sure not intentionally but we are all here for only one reason. I sometimes feel like the forum is split into two; those who spend a ton and those who do not. I don't think i fall into either one of these catagories. And what we all have to remembe is that everything is relative. I do own one(what I think to be) very expensive bag, but before I took the plunge to buy my 1K bag I had never even bought a bag that cost more than $60!! I work very hard and wanted to treat myself. And sometimes when I read these posts about people wanting to buy "cheap" bags and how not everyone is accustomed to or can afford 1K bags, it makes me mad. Because I am not accusotmed to anything and feel jipped that automatically because I bought a expensive bag I must be rich. I not, and I'm happy. Sorry for the rant.

So see medhavini , youre not alone in feeling like that sometimes!

Sarsi, that's so pretty! I have a flap bag that is similiar in style that is navy/british tan/green and I love it. I got it probably around '93 and it is still in fabulous condition. :smile:
Awww... Thanks!!!:blush:
it's my only DB but cant part with it...:love:
I know the one you have... also very pretty...
I guess I like the older ones...

Great that you're staying and please post pictures of whatever takes your fancy, like lots of people have mentioned, it's the bags we want to look at, not the price tag...just saw a great bag from a designer I've never heard of, but it was cheap (much cheaper than a Dooney) and I loved it, when I found the website, though, they didn't ship to this godforsaken place I live in...