Thinking of quitting

i know exactly how you feel. i was actually getting rather upset earlier today, reading through threads that bash coach. i've just learned that i need to avoid certain bashing threads because i'm just too darn sensitive for my own good!
i simply cannot afford lv (but don't care for it, which works out perfect), chanel, hermes, etc...i also had to realize the ladies that have these bags are probably at a very differen part of their life than i am. they probably have established careers, whereas i'm a college student. but even if you had all the money in the world, you need to buy what YOU love.
if you love your dooney, please share it with us!
if it makes you feel any better, i got a dooney email earlier this week and i was drooling over the patent leather stuff!
give tpf a little longer before you leave. and maybe we can get a dooney forum, as well? or make a home in another forum- we'd all love for you to stay and share your love of purses.

OOOOhh...Dooney has Patent now?? I might just start to like me some Dooney after all!
yeah. from what i remember seeing, they're all small bags...which is fine because i would hate to spend big money on patent (i'd get bored of it too quickly). i think they're under $200. and lots of colors!

I really hope you decide to stay. What is nice about tPF is there are all types represented here and while we all have different tastes and budgets, we all are here for the same reason--we love bags! You selected a bag you love and you should carry it with pride. One of my first "designer" bags was a Dooney and I probably received more compliments on that bag than on all of the higher priced bags I've purchased since then combined.

Enjoy your Dooney bag--I'm sure you are receiving many envious glances whenever you take it out!

You're not going anywhere, you're staying here with us!! How boring it would be if we all liked the same bags and believe me, I've seen some crazy expensive handbags on this forum, which I thought were total shockers and people were raving over them...but hey, that's all part of the fun:yahoo:Don't be afraid to speak up about what you like, whatever the price range of your bags, diversity is what makes this forum interesting!!:smile:

I'm not afraid to say it, I like Dooney and Coach. :yes: I own some bags from both, and I like them just as much as any of my other bags. I would love to see pictures of your new purchase! Please don't lose the "new bag euphoria" just because of what other folks have said. There are some bags in any designers collection that I wouldn't carry, even if they were free. It's all about what you love, and want to carry.

Ladies, I truly appreciate the comments and the support. Seriously, I was feeling kind of out of place and wondered if I was somewhere I wasn't meant to be. To me it felt that I didn't belong in the forum unless my bags cost at least $600+.

I know many people do say 'feel comfortable in yourself' but sometimes that's hard. Like the day I purchased a pair of serviceable athletic shoes at Payless for my kid, who wore them very proudly to school but came back crying because his classmates had told him that 'no-name' shoes were no good, he had to have Nikes.

I have learned a lot in the short time i've been on this blog, and I'd say my horizons have been broadened - in many ways!

Ladies, I truly appreciate the comments and the support. Seriously, I was feeling kind of out of place and wondered if I was somewhere I wasn't meant to be. To me it felt that I didn't belong in the forum unless my bags cost at least $600+.

I know many people do say 'feel comfortable in yourself' but sometimes that's hard. Like the day I purchased a pair of serviceable athletic shoes at Payless for my kid, who wore them very proudly to school but came back crying because his classmates had told him that 'no-name' shoes were no good, he had to have Nikes.

I have learned a lot in the short time i've been on this blog, and I'd say my horizons have been broadened - in many ways!

Aww! Kids can be mean! I'm sorry to hear that...I shop at payless, too! Haha, I don't care! I'm not a shoe fanatic, but I only keep shoes for so long (hence payless is a better investment for me).

But please, you should stay. I bumped my dooney link; feel free to post what kind of bag you have!:yes:

I hope you stay...there are so many people here that everyone is going to have a diff opinion and some express it harsher than others. Enjoy your lovely bag...find the threads here that you enjoy and hey I have seen some mean posts but most are entertaining, informative, and it's kind of like window shopping. BTW, my kids sneakers are payless too! I could never keep them all in Nikes or whatever is hot today. Hope to see you around here again.

maybe you are right. I also have been here only 10 days and have found that my love for Marino bags has attracted suspicious posts suggesting that i am using this forum to sell bags. I once again clarify that i am a 35 yr old guy who is in the stockbroking business and has no intention to sell stuff on this forum. Its just that i like to share my ideas. Also i find that this forum is heavily skewed to LV and even though they are good no mention of marinos etc and other brands. This is not a complaint towards anyone but just a feedback. I dont think i belong here as well.

Marino Orlandi??? :love: I LOVE those bags!!!!

Well I love Coach. I've seen tons of people bashing coach, calling it icky, whatever. But you know, it doesn't matter. Just because I don't have thousands to spend on one bag doesn't make me any less of a person. You just need to remember that. :smile: No matter what you do, what you have or what you wear, there's always somebody that's going to disagree. If you let that all get to you... well, it's just so not worth it.
BTW...I think Coach is so pretty...everytime I pass their displays I stop..that brown bag with the stripes in diff leathers in the middle (I know I explain things awfully)....I love that bag.

I know exactly what you mean! However, if you allow someone to make you feel bad about yourself, you are letting them win! I have to constantly remind myself of that. I will not lie--there have been a few times when I thought about leaving tPF because of a few cruel, tactless members, but why should I let them run me off? I'm not a quitter!:P

I adore Coach! Coach is routinely bashed everywhere on this forum and while it does bother me at times, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. For example, I HATE Balenciaga. There are thousands of members here who will probably think I'm nuts for that statement, but it is MY preference.

My son wears shoes from Payless, too, and so do I at times. If something is cute and appealing, I really don't care who made it. I live in Nebraska, for goodness sake! Do you have any idea what shopping is like here? I'm fortunate to even have a Target and I shop there frequently!

The bottomline is, as many others have pointed out before me, this a Purse Forum and we are here because of our mutual love for handbags. I know I will never own any Chanel, Hermes, etc., but that is not going to stop me from enjoying tPF.

Don't let the haters get you down!:flowers:

Hope you continue posting here as well!
I have one Coach too although I don't have any D&B, not because of 'status' but the designs just don't appeal to me...
BTW, if it were not for my generous parents, I don't think I could have afforded my Chanels/ Pradas etc on my own! BTW, I don't have a single piece of LV! ( I do need to persuade DH for one soon though -haha)
Also, most ppl here are very friendly and nice....I'm sure you can tell from this thread alone! You can also check out the other subforums like general discussion, celebrities etc that are really fun to read and post..PFers are also updated about other issues (apart from purses) LOL