Think Mink

I like to travel very light. I personally can't imagine lugging around a fur. Plus I"d be pretty upset if anything happened to it. Expensive jewelry and furs for me stay home when I travel. However, I can totally understand JolieS point about enjoying your furs. I just tend to enjoy them when I am not traveling.
Well the weight of the coat depends on length of coat and type of fur. Shorter coat = lighter. Shorter haired mink, sheared mink, chinchilla = lighter. As for risk of theft, to me that is what I pay insurance for. Why not look great and feel warm on vacation?☃

Well the weight of the coat depends on length of coat and type of fur. Shorter coat = lighter. Shorter haired mink, sheared mink, chinchilla = lighter. As for risk of theft, to me that is what I pay insurance for. Why not look great and feel warm on vacation?[emoji951]

You make an excellent point. And I like your idea about how you store it when traveling.

To me, fur is meant to be enjoyed, not saved for special occasions only. Yes, I travel with a sheared mink knee-length coat. I fold the fur in so that the lining is outside, and put the coat in a Longchamps Le Pliage tote. Just shake out the fur at destination, and you're good to go. Have a wonderful trip!
Life is short, I also agree - travel with fur and enjoy it. As it's expensive jist take extra care, as one would with anything expensive.

1485119216619.png

I have bought a mink jacket in the sales. I am truly in love with it. It is a sheared / shaved mink with a chinchilla fur collar. I do obviously realise that there are more luxurious sables, chinchilla', etc floating around TPF but I must say that, for little old me, this is just all I wanted from a jacket.

It is incredibly warm and it is lovely to touch (stroke!) and I have never felt fur as soft as the chinchilla. One day I WILL own a full chinchilla coat but for now this is all my budget stretches too. Incidentally there are some great fur bargains around.

I have worn my jacket a few times and I was surprised as to how many people complimented it. It really made my day (hope that does not sound too self obsessed). I did notice that the people complimenting were themselves dressed very well.

Thanks for letting me share. I have been debating over such a jacket for a while now and honestly if you are too - buy one! You will not regret it.

I am delighted.

View attachment 3582706

I have bought a mink jacket in the sales. I am truly in love with it. It is a sheared / shaved mink with a chinchilla fur collar. I do obviously realise that there are more luxurious sables, chinchilla', etc floating around TPF but I must say that, for little old me, this is just all I wanted from a jacket.

It is incredibly warm and it is lovely to touch (stroke!) and I have never felt fur as soft as the chinchilla. One day I WILL own a full chinchilla coat but for now this is all my budget stretches too. Incidentally there are some great fur bargains around.

I have worn my jacket a few times and I was surprised as to how many people complimented it. It really made my day (hope that does not sound too self obsessed). I did notice that the people complimenting were themselves dressed very well.

Thanks for letting me share. I have been debating over such a jacket for a while now and honestly if you are too - buy one! You will not regret it.

I am delighted.
Light, warm, perfect for travel too. A beautiful jacket to enjoy on many occasions. Congratulations!

View attachment 3582706

I am delighted.

I am delighted that you have found a lovely and warm jacket. It looks really chic and you must wear it much as possible. I think Chinchilla is great as a collar, it keeps your neck warm and you can feel the softness all the time. A full coat is marvelous but I think requires a lot more care and I have not gone for one (yet?). Many congrats and enjoy in the best of health!

View attachment 3582706

I am delighted.
Oh this is stunning!!!! It looks so easy to wear with lots of outfits. I love it too and would have said so in person also.

Enjoy!!! And do please post more pics when you wear it again

View attachment 3582706

I am delighted.

Gorgeous! It looks stunning on you. Congrats.

Gorgeous! It looks stunning on you. Congrats.
Thank you [emoji8]
Oh this is stunning!!!! It looks so easy to wear with lots of outfits. I love it too and would have said so in person also.

Enjoy!!! And do please post more pics when you wear it again
Thank you and yes I shall try. It is one of those things that makes my heart skip a beat every time I put it on!
I am delighted that you have found a lovely and warm jacket. It looks really chic and you must wear it much as possible. I think Chinchilla is great as a collar, it keeps your neck warm and you can feel the softness all the time. A full coat is marvelous but I think requires a lot more care and I have not gone for one (yet?). Many congrats and enjoy in the best of health!
Yes, Thanks. I honestly would love a chinchilla coat. They are more delicate my furrier told me but what would be more special? [emoji8]
Light, warm, perfect for travel too. A beautiful jacket to enjoy on many occasions. Congratulations!
Thank you so much.

Thanks everybody. Now .... winter ..... don't you dare go away!! [emoji8]

View attachment 3582706

I am delighted.
Gorgeous jacket Prada_Princess! Major congrats! Love the colar - it is quite original the way it is cut! Sheared mink is my favorite! Looks great on you!

View attachment 3582706

I am delighted.

It's beautiful! Enjoy!