things you will not wear

Abercrombie, Hollister, A&E etc. anything
Monogram anything
An average men's suit (AHH!!!!)
A tie, unless going to a funeral
Athletic shoes unless working out, loafers, sandels, and basically anything else that isn't a leather ankle boot
Hoodies
Juicy Couture anything
Shear anything

I refuse to wear those ankle boots - especially with an oversized knit top and leggings. I just can't pull them off and they remind me of pony hooves. Also I won't wear those detective sherlock cape things that are trendy in Australia now.

For me: No crocs, no animal print, no thong sandals (I CANNOT wear things between my toes), NO DRESSES OVER PANTS/JEANS. I'm sorry I'm yelling, but I cannot stand that trend. If it's down to your knees, and dressy it should NEVER be paired with jeans EVER. Anything boxy (t's, etc.)

oh and leggings. they have the same effect as chopping off half your leg and adding about 20 lbs of fat to your calves and thighs. plus i think it looks contrived. haha IMO of course

*crocs
*seasonal novelty sweaters ( you know, the ones with
reindeer or halloween spiders etc.)
*polo style preppy short sleeved shirts (horrible on me)
*almost all shorts (unless at home working outside or
running)
*flip flops ( unlesss showering at the gym)

I refuse to wear those ankle boots ...they remind me of pony hooves...
:roflmfao: and now, thanks to you, every time I see anyone wearing them, I will hear a soft little whinny.

I do not understand crocs. To me, they look like brightly colored plastic clogs with round holes all over them.

Am I missing something? Can someone explain why such an item was ever designed and manufactured?

I do not understand crocs. To me, they look like brightly colored plastic clogs with round holes all over them.

Am I missing something? Can someone explain why such an item was ever designed and manufactured?

They were designed and manufactured for the same reasons Ugg boots were originally designed and manufactured. They are extremely functional and comfortable and the manufacturers never really anticipated trendy, I don't think. Also, crocs aren't plastic - they are some kind of high-tech foam that doesn't absorb moisture or hold bacteria so they are super-comfy, can be washed off easily, and don't get smelly. All that said, I still wouldn't be caught even in my own house with a pair of those clogs. I do, however, own a pair of the ballet flats for doing laundry and have just ordered a couple pairs of wedge slides that I am hoping will be useful for long walking commutes (can't wear flats on commutes or my pants will drag on the ground - even my rain boots have heels).

All that said and back to topic, because I am built like a little teapot (short and stout), I won't ever wear capri pants because they make me look like an oompa loompa. I have tried before because they are comfortable (and don't ever drag on the ground with flats) but I just get that stupid song stuck in my head - oompa, loompa, doompity doo...

Similarly, with my broad shoulders and larger bust but smaller waist and arm circumference, I can't ever wear button downs. They just don't fit right. Even the bra-sized ones don't accomodate my shoulders. Unfortunately, my shoulders are genetic. My brother, the all-conference linebacker finds them useful, me not so much.

I also won't wear anything with a large brand or logo on it. If I am going to advertise by being a walking billboard for some brand, they should be paying me, not the other way around.

...some kind of high-tech foam that doesn't absorb moisture or hold bacteria so they are super-comfy, can be washed off easily, and don't get smelly...

Right. plastic.

And I hear you on the button down thing, I don't know why, but collars just don't look good on me, they never have. Like why people buy crocs, it is a mystery.

Your comments about providing volunteer advertising services for large companies made me stand up and cheer. That has got to be the single most successful marketing coup of the century, in my opinion.

Even more genius than the impressive cost-reduction realized as a result of convincing people to wear cropped - everything! :graucho:

I refuse to wear jeans like these:

denimdiapersmischa.preview.jpg

Nor will I wear leggings or footless tights.

No high waisted or baggy pants for me. Pants that are too loose make me look bigger... so I stick with pants that are snug. I also refuse to wear skirts cut below the knee. :smile:

Right. plastic.

No, its really not plastic. It more closely resembles polystyrene (remember that stuff fast food chains used to use to package their food in before it was discovered it had negative environmental implications?) than plastic but its still another material entirely. Plastic holds its shape and rubs on you while the foam resin that crocs are made of lets your feet mush into it. The foam resin stuff also weighs practically nothing. That's why crocs as a fashion "trend" really got unnecessarily out of control. People were making plastic knock-offs (or "croc-offs") actually made of stiff plastic, which actually does absorb bacteria and has no give so they are not only ugly like the real things but also smelly and uncomfortable thereby defeating the purpose. I still find them too ugly to ever put on my feet (even for just lounging around the house) but I have a sister who really only cares about comfort and was wearing them long before they were semi-trendy. I understand if you don't like them (I don't either) but they're really not as pointless as you're making them out to be. The ubuquitous logos, on the other hand, :shrugs:.

After reading your post, I need to add cropped tee-shirts to my list of "won't wear."

Also, body piercings of any kind. I used to have my ears pierced (a couple of times each) until I was around 20 and my body decided it was going to reject every hole that I had. Ugh. Even if I wasn't allergic, though, I am not a fan of holes anywhere outside the ears. Or tattoos for that matter. I am too fickle and anything I put on, I want off at the end of the day - never mind years from now.

I also would never wear a bathing suit if that was an option.