The White Lotus

Finally finished!
I must say I still love Shane, lol. Am I weird for totally getting where he’s coming from? I feel like his motives were always pure. His wife actually annoyed me more. So you seriously didn’t know what you were signing up for? Clearly he loved her and wanted her as his wife. I don’t think he’s a bad person. Entitled and privileged? Sure! But he’s not really trying to act like he’s not.
Also, I loved Armond. I loved how he took his role as Hotel Manager seriously and tried to create an experience.
He just let his pettiness get the better of him. That last scene in Shane’s suite? Omg!
I loved the awkward brother and was really entertained by the whole family. It was such an honest portrayal that I can’t do anything but applaud. Amazing show.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the show overall, but then one thing that bothered me about the ending was that...

...the awkward 16 year old brother just got to walk off the plane and pursue his newly found dream to paddle along with his bros into the wide open ocean spaces? Cmon, that's not how things work IRL. Where's he going to sleep, eat, be taken care of?"

Otherwise it was a pretty great portrayal of privilege and some of the insanity that can ensue when this privilege leaves its mark on society.

I enjoyed the show overall, but then one thing that bothered me about the ending was that...

...the awkward 16 year old brother just got to walk off the plane and pursue his newly found dream to paddle along with his bros into the wide open ocean spaces? Cmon, that's not how things work IRL. Where's he going to sleep, eat, be taken care of?"

Otherwise it was a pretty great portrayal of privilege and some of the insanity that can ensue when this privilege leaves its mark on society.
I’m willing to bet that didn’t last very long, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: OriginalBalenciaga
I’m willing to bet that didn’t last very long, lol.

True that. At some point I wagered that...

... the son was going to come out to his dad as being gay, especially after seeing how hard his dad took the new that his father had the homosexual double life and had died from AIDS.

Overall a good watch. Armand's character was phenomenal. He really nailed that last dinner service!

True that. At some point I wagered that...

... the son was going to come out to his dad as being gay, especially after seeing how hard his dad took the new that his father had the homosexual double life and had died from AIDS.

Overall a good watch. Armand's character was phenomenal. He really nailed that last dinner service!
That crossed my mind early on too!

But ultimately, I think he was an awkward kid who finally embraced life outside of the phone screen and just went for it. He had the best vacation of them all
:lol:
I LIVED for Armand’s dinner time productions.

Watching him unravel was a glorious train wreck. He had just had enough!

Reactions: OriginalBalenciaga
Love this show. I also didn’t hate Shane. He was right, I’d be pissed too if I payed $26k a night for a room and was given the wrong room and the hotel manager played dumb. The real villain was Paula and Armond

Reactions: Tivo

I had a work friend years ago who had a 15-year-old daughter. they were a military family. the mom (who was pretty upstanding) said she couldn't control the daughter and at some point I think the family was relocating and the daughter was refusing to go....I was long ago and I don't remember all the details.
In the case of the kid staying in Hawaii, the parents didn't allow him to do it and I also thought the same - how is he going to support himself? but I liked that he actually discovered RL instead of just living off his phone, video games, etc.
Kids staying inside and playing games on their electronic devices instead of being outdoors is one of my pet peeves.

Reactions: kemilia