The White Lotus

A thread on this show! Thank you. I've watched all the episodes this weekend and the ending on Sunday and there is so much to pack.

I'll start off light.

The books. First I never stay awake in the sun long enough to finish a book on vacation. Second, I didn't pay attention to what the college girls were reading, but I did wonder if Shane reading "Blink" had any influence one him continuing his obnoxious behavior in working Armond's nerves. Mainly going with gut instinct and a collection of information confirming his assumptions. What did he learn from reading the book, I wondered.

Being the rich guy who has to be right and harp on a mistake the manager made was no excuse for Armonds passive aggressive actions towards Shane.

And Claws, I'm so tired of waiting for the final season. I'll be digging up the thread for that.

Reactions: Tivo and LadaZuri
Just finished episode 3!
I don’t understand why the teenage daughter is so angry that her friend is sneaking around with the guy? Does she have a crush on her?

As far as likable characters, I find the dad likable and also the honeymooners. The newlywed guy always skirts along the edge of obnoxiousness, but I find him sweet and endearing.
I love dinner time at the hotel! Feels like I’m on vacation too!:lol:

Jennifer Coolidge is eating this role up! That boat ride to dump her mothers ashes was hilarious! I have a feeling she’s not going to help the spa lady with anything! Lol. The way she described her mother…she might have been describing herself!
So good. So so good!

Just finished episode 3!
I don’t understand why the teenage daughter is so angry that her friend is sneaking around with the guy? Does she have a crush on her?

As far as likable characters, I find the dad likable and also the honeymooners. The newlywed guy always skirts along the edge of obnoxiousness, but I find him sweet and endearing.

Jennifer Coolidge is eating this role up! That boat ride to dump her mothers ashes was hilarious! I have a feeling she’s not going to help the spa lady with anything! Lol. The way she described her mother…she might have been describing herself!
So good. So so good!
The dynamic between the girls is fleshed out more in later episodes. And I thought they were teenagers (like 16-17) but they’re actually college sophomores.

Reactions: Tivo
“At the core of the onion, Belinda, is just a straight up alcoholic lunatic.”

F2199C68-0381-4E3A-852D-6CE9081F1DCB.gif
ETA: I’m loving how each episode goes from morning till night and they hit all the right vacation tones…starting with breakfast

Last edited:
Reactions: tweegy
Just finished episode 3!

So good. So so good!
eww....can't stand the newlywed guy
not sure about the teenager....seems like maybe she has a thing for her friend or she's just jealous of anyone getting attention
She's so mean to her brother

Reactions: lulilu and Tivo