The Walking Dead on AMC

That really is a very unceremonious death for such a major character.
But it’s not exactly unprecedented on the show. Many of the deaths are so stupid. Like when Tyreese was standing in a silent bedroom looking at a photo on the wall and did not hear/notice a walker shuffling up behind him. Seriously? I know he was a bit out of it, but still. You do not survive that long in the apocalypse and then get taken out by one stray like that. Cat like reflexes, people. Cat like. Or dead in first week.
Then there was Beth’s. Just getting randomly shot for no reason in some stupid showdown by stupid hospital manager lady, that was so unnecessary. And just annoying after we put up with so many Beth centric episodes, leading up to her and cutie friend finally getting back to the group only for her to get randomly shot before even seeing her sister Maggie, and her buddy to get eaten soon after in the revolving doors with Glenn and the traitor dude, sigh. So much buildup for such inglorious deaths, with zero purpose or meaning or satisfaction to them.

I could go on....there have been several dumb deaths. But considering the importance of Carl and Rick, this just seems like a curve ball that is doubly disappointing because a) dumb death and b) I don’t really have faith that the resulting plot development and Rick character development will be done well and be at all interesting.

I predict the show to further flounder, with this plot twist that I cannot imagine being interesting to watch (watching Rick being sad and catatonic is such boring screen time).

Chanlder Riggs posted a picture on Twitter...he chopped off most of his hair so I think it's safe to say he's for sure gone. I'm horrible at linking pictures, but it's from his official handle. Somehow, I swear he looks YOUNGER with shorter hair.

Reactions: Prufrock613
I actually liked the episode. Now all those stupid flash forwards last season make sense it was Carl’s vision. It was sad and everyone did a great job. Interesting that Lauren isn’t coming back the next season I felt like they were building her up to be the next leader. I expect rick to go on a super killing spree next week despite him telling Carl that he’ll get along with them.

Reactions: Prufrock613
I actually liked the episode. Now all those stupid flash forwards last season make sense it was Carl’s vision. It was sad and everyone did a great job. Interesting that Lauren isn’t coming back the next season I felt like they were building her up to be the next leader. I expect rick to go on a super killing spree next week despite him telling Carl that he’ll get along with them.
Oh goodness- that totally wrecks my vision of AMC- first Carl, now Maggie?!? I really was waiting for “Maggie’s Farm.” Sucks