The Vintage Thread!

Having read through the whole vintage thread, I've finally decided to purchase my first Chanel - a vintage jumbo!!! :yes:So this sharing is also a big thank you to everyone here that have shared so many info, photos and mod shots that makes me drool :drool: (literally!!)

I've been looking around for awhile and found this little beauty in excellent condition! She's also a 3-series lambskin jumbo with ghw!! :yahoo: I've been looking at the site for a few days and I actually dreamt about it so I know that has to be mine!! :giggle:

So here are some pics of this little beauty! :hbeat:

She came in fully bubble wrapped, dust bag and card. Photos are taken with indoor lighting.
View attachment 3605236 View attachment 3605237 View attachment 3605238 View attachment 3605239 View attachment 3605240 View attachment 3605241 View attachment 3605242 View attachment 3605243

I'm too excited (and sort of worry) to use her! Still preparing myself mentally and figure out how I can bring her out! :blush:
Stunning! Enjoy

I would worry more about an intact serial code sticker inside than the authenticity card. Of course I would prefer to have both but if I was really in love with a certain vintage piece, the deal breaker for me would be the sticker.
I agree that the sticker is more important than the card on vintage bags. It's so easy to loose a card after 20 years or so! That being said, I have bought a vintage jumbo where the sticker had peeled off. The only thing remaining were some gold flecks from the sticker residue; otherwise, the bag was in excellent condition. I bought it from a reputable seller and then had it authenticated by Etinceler. It is a beautiful authentic bag that I got at a great price due to the missing card and sticker. So there are always exceptions to every rule. As a previous poster said, the true test is the bag itself.

Reactions: Gblb and Bisoux78
Hello,
I am looking for my first chanel bag. Caviar is more sturdy than lambskin so i am thinking about caviar Leather with SHW. But what makes me thoughtful is that there are no vintage bags in caviar leather but a lot with lambskin. I know that the Valentino glam and givenchy do lose their shape more easily in the structured Leather. Does anyone know how caviar Leather ages and why caviar vintage bags are so rare? Same with the SHW. Does it easier chip off or something like this than GHW?

Thanks for your help.
caviar leather = calfskin leather so if you see calfskin chanel bags (vintage) those are essentially caviar. caviar is just a word to describe the pebbled texture versus a plain texture. you see more lamb in chanel (not sure of other brands) because lamb is the epitomy of lux and women who were buying 30+ years ago were wanting that type of material for the time. lux materials were very hard to obtain during war, depression, etc. so chanel used other materials on bags, too. and not as many buyers were out there as today so the options remained limited. as times change so do what fashion houses offer, so chanel has a much wider variety of leathers today to meet demands of buyers worldwide. lambskin ages extremely well and is very durable, as most leathers are. it's more about how how you as a buyer will treat your bag that determines how it will age.

OMG is fantastic, breathtaking and incredible:yahoo::hbeat::girlsigh:. Is like a dream become true. She looks like new. Dear, you are truly a lucky girl.

oh my god! she looks absolutely stunning!!
it is in amazing condition!!! :love:
. Thanks so much everyone. I really am appreciative of all the likes and sweet messages. I feel so very grateful to have found her. Have a super fun day everyone.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post about this. I've been looking for a vintage lambskin flap in medium/large. Just can't beat the vintage quality! I've read and seen some authentication related info. Seems like most flaps should have the stamping "Chanel" and "made in ..." on opposite sides of the inside double flap (like in the pic attached). Just wondering if the vintage ones sometimes would have both stamping on the same side? Or does that mean it's fake? This particular one is a 7 series.

Attachments

• IMG_1552.PNG
    IMG_1552.PNG
    810.1 KB · Views: 728
Hi shopping times. First let me say that I am by no means an expert. I have 3 vintage Chanel's. Two made in France and 1 made in Italy. They are all 1 and 2 series. All of the Chanel stamps are on one side and the made in stamp on the opposite side. Perhaps someone with more in depth knowledge of vintage Chanel's will weigh in in the event that there is a discrepancy. I hope this helps in some small part. Take care.

Reactions: shopping_time88
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post about this. I've been looking for a vintage lambskin flap in medium/large. Just can't beat the vintage quality! I've read and seen some authentication related info. Seems like most flaps should have the stamping "Chanel" and "made in ..." on opposite sides of the inside double flap (like in the pic attached). Just wondering if the vintage ones sometimes would have both stamping on the same side? Or does that mean it's fake? This particular one is a 7 series.

@shopping_time88 Not an expert, but I've noticed that the stamps tend to be on opposite sides for bags with the earliest versions of the auth sticker (more paper than plastic looking stickers if that makes sense). I would think 7 series have the "Made in" on the same side as "Chanel" since it's not quite vintage. See notes below from the Vintage Heirloom blog -- a reputable reseller.

From Vintage Heirloom:
Chanel vary where they print Made in France or Made in Italy. We have notice more contemporary 2.55 bags have Made in France underneath the Chanel logo. 1989-91 era 2.55s printed Made in France on the opposite side of the bag. Determining if the Made in France was in the correct position would only be possible if you had access to every Chanel 2.55s ever made as they no doubt varied this over time, size, colour and fabric used.

Reactions: Gblb