The Victors - My Curated Bag Collection

Yas95

Aug 5, 2016
I've owned many many bags over the years and sold many more - my friend saw my collection the other day and exclaimed "It's like you've done the Hunger Games on your bags - so many are gone!"

There's nothing that I regret letting go but I do feel like I need more colour and variety still. What are your thoughts on what I have and what would you add?

Thanks for letting me share!!

IMG_5357.JPGIMG_5350.JPGcb40b401-35a7-4f55-ae39-eb620cacd81f.jpgIMG_5356.JPGIMG_5353.JPGIMG_5355.JPGIMG_5354.JPGbada60a8-3328-475d-a4ae-73dae608074c.JPG

Excellent choices. I'd say you have tote bags under control! Maybe some more colour... like something pink and/or something blue? Here's a Moynat Gabrielle in fushia and Joseph Duclos Diane in blue de cocagne that would work (for me at least).
moynat gabrielle.jpgduclos diane.jpg

• Insightful
Reactions: Yas95
Excellent choices. I'd say you have tote bags under control! Maybe some more colour... like something pink and/or something blue? Here's a Moynat Gabrielle in fushia and Joseph Duclos Diane in blue de cocagne that would work (for me at least).
View attachment 5912270View attachment 5912271
I love Moynat and have a massive vintage trunk from them from the late 1800s. I prefer the rejane to the Gabrielles but I want it in gold hardware and they seem committed to only doing the nice colours with silver hardware. Pink is my favourite colour so REALLY need a pink bag - agreed!

I don't know what it is about Jospeh Duclos but I don't love the styles they have or the hardware though I can appreciate the craftmanship and the look on others!

I actually have been eyeing both a pink Chanel seasonal flap and a blue flap too - both vintage/preloved

Love your collection! How did you decide which bags to keep in your collection versus which ones to sell?
I based it on
  • Function - how often I'd use a bag for it's use or occasion compared to others
  • Current and projected cost per wear - maybe comparatively I didn't use a bag much now but can see myself using it for 30 years vs bags I'd use but wouldn't last me more than 5 for example
  • Quality and craftmanship - how well they held up to how I liked to use them and how easy they would be to spa or repair if needed
  • Duplication - I also chose the best bag where colours and shape were too similar

Beautiful collection!

I've owned many many bags over the years and sold many more - my friend saw my collection the other day and exclaimed "It's like you've done the Hunger Games on your bags - so many are gone!"

There's nothing that I regret letting go but I do feel like I need more colour and variety still. What are your thoughts on what I have and what would you add?

Thanks for letting me share!!

View attachment 5912259View attachment 5912267View attachment 5912261View attachment 5912260View attachment 5912262View attachment 5912263View attachment 5912265View attachment 5912266

• Thanks
Reactions: Yas95
An update!

At present my collection includes:
  1. Fendi Sequin Floral Baguette
  2. Dior Black Patent Lady Dior
  3. Delvaux Bronze Crispy Calf Tempete
  4. Chanel Beige Clair Caviar Jumbo Classic Flap
  5. Bottega Veneta White Cassette
  6. Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Neverfull PM
  7. Louis Vuitton Monogram Speedy 25
  8. Fendi Mini Black Peekaboo