The Victors - My Curated Bag Collection

Yas95

Aug 5, 2016
I've owned many many bags over the years and sold many more - my friend saw my collection the other day and exclaimed "It's like you've done the Hunger Games on your bags - so many are gone!"

There's nothing that I regret letting go but I do feel like I need more colour and variety still. What are your thoughts on what I have and what would you add?

Thanks for letting me share!!

IMG_5357.JPGIMG_5350.JPGcb40b401-35a7-4f55-ae39-eb620cacd81f.jpgIMG_5356.JPGIMG_5353.JPGIMG_5355.JPGIMG_5354.JPGbada60a8-3328-475d-a4ae-73dae608074c.JPG

Excellent choices. I'd say you have tote bags under control! Maybe some more colour... like something pink and/or something blue? Here's a Moynat Gabrielle in fushia and Joseph Duclos Diane in blue de cocagne that would work (for me at least).
moynat gabrielle.jpgduclos diane.jpg

• Insightful
Reactions: Yas95
Excellent choices. I'd say you have tote bags under control! Maybe some more colour... like something pink and/or something blue? Here's a Moynat Gabrielle in fushia and Joseph Duclos Diane in blue de cocagne that would work (for me at least).
View attachment 5912270View attachment 5912271
I love Moynat and have a massive vintage trunk from them from the late 1800s. I prefer the rejane to the Gabrielles but I want it in gold hardware and they seem committed to only doing the nice colours with silver hardware. Pink is my favourite colour so REALLY need a pink bag - agreed!

I don't know what it is about Jospeh Duclos but I don't love the styles they have or the hardware though I can appreciate the craftmanship and the look on others!

I actually have been eyeing both a pink Chanel seasonal flap and a blue flap too - both vintage/preloved

Love your collection! How did you decide which bags to keep in your collection versus which ones to sell?
I based it on
  • Function - how often I'd use a bag for it's use or occasion compared to others
  • Current and projected cost per wear - maybe comparatively I didn't use a bag much now but can see myself using it for 30 years vs bags I'd use but wouldn't last me more than 5 for example
  • Quality and craftmanship - how well they held up to how I liked to use them and how easy they would be to spa or repair if needed
  • Duplication - I also chose the best bag where colours and shape were too similar

Beautiful collection!

I've owned many many bags over the years and sold many more - my friend saw my collection the other day and exclaimed "It's like you've done the Hunger Games on your bags - so many are gone!"

There's nothing that I regret letting go but I do feel like I need more colour and variety still. What are your thoughts on what I have and what would you add?

Thanks for letting me share!!

View attachment 5912259View attachment 5912267View attachment 5912261View attachment 5912260View attachment 5912262View attachment 5912263View attachment 5912265View attachment 5912266

• Thanks
Reactions: Yas95