The va-va-va voom Vernis Club

Hello everyone,
I hope there is someone out there who has had a vernis slg piece in the lighter or red family of colors who could help me.
I've been trying to find out if the slg in reds get color transfer easily. I am thinking about getting a vernis cherry 6 key holder but I'm concerned about color transfer issues. The cherry key holder has what looks like a black or dark brown edging so I wonder if this will also contribute to color transfer on itself? If I get the cherry key holder, I would not baby it at all and I would use it multiple times on a daily basis. I would throw it in the bags, and I would throw it in my pockets(mostly dark winter coats with pockets lined in the lining material).
Help!!!!!!!!

I have a vernis clè in griotte- dark red colour. Unfortunately I just noticed colour transfer on it this weekend. It looked like ink from a receipt. My heart was crushed, but it was sitting in my drawer for almost a year and I thought I should put it to use, so I used it as my key holder this past few months- it's been tossed in my bag a lot although I do make sure it's in a separate pocket/ compartment but alas maybe the one time I wasn't too careful it happened. I actually feel better that I used it and it has wear and tear rather than it sitting pretty without being used. The dark colour also make the transfer not that obvious fortunately..

Reactions: Sunshine mama
I have a vernis clè in griotte- dark red colour. Unfortunately I just noticed colour transfer on it this weekend. It looked like ink from a receipt. My heart was crushed, but it was sitting in my drawer for almost a year and I thought I should put it to use, so I used it as my key holder this past few months- it's been tossed in my bag a lot although I do make sure it's in a separate pocket/ compartment but alas maybe the one time I wasn't too careful it happened. I actually feel better that I used it and it has wear and tear rather than it sitting pretty without being used. The dark colour also make the transfer not that obvious fortunately..

Sorry to hear about the color transfer. But I am glad you are enjoying it. I have in my possession a 6 key vernis cerise(cherry) key holder I just received yesterday from Lv online purchase. I also received a vernis 6 key amarante as well. I am definitely going to keep the amarante as it is a darker color, but I am still on the fence about the cerise one. At the time I ordered it online, there were only 2 in the states. And I snatched up the last amarante color as of now.

My point is, should I keep the cerise or return it? Please help. I am a grown woman but I can't decide! Basically I love the color but am concerned about color transfer.

Sorry to hear about the color transfer. But I am glad you are enjoying it. I have in my possession a 6 key vernis cerise(cherry) key holder I just received yesterday from Lv online purchase. I also received a vernis 6 key amarante as well. I am definitely going to keep the amarante as it is a darker color, but I am still on the fence about the cerise one. At the time I ordered it online, there were only 2 in the states. And I snatched up the last amarante color as of now.

My point is, should I keep the cerise or return it? Please help. I am a grown woman but I can't decide! Basically I love the color but am concerned about color transfer.

If you think you need 2 key holders and the cerise makes you happy then keep it. I think due to the nature of the vernis leather and finish it is not immune to colour transfer so you just have to bear that in mind.
I have lots of multiples of 2 - pochette accessoires, speedy 25, speedy 20, Alma bb - but I also have 2 daughters :biggrin:

I have one more question for all the experienced vernis lovers. I have noticed that the cerise one has a slightly tackier and stickier feel whereas the amarante has a very slick feel to it. The amarante one is so slick it almost feels like it has a silicone sealer on it. Has anyone noticed this and does this indicate anything in terms of future wear?

I have one more question for all the experienced vernis lovers. I have noticed that the cerise one has a slightly tackier and stickier feel whereas the amarante has a very slick feel to it. The amarante one is so slick it almost feels like it has a silicone sealer on it. Has anyone noticed this and does this indicate anything in terms of future wear?

Hi I have a red key holder. It did get a bit pen ink, as you can see in the picture. But my red coin purse didn't. They are very noticeable and make me happy;).IMG_1487883280.845642.jpg

Can someone help me? I just purchased this preloved pochette and I realized that the leather kinda seems dimpled slightly. Do you guys think this is normal? My key holder in vernis is mirror smooth.

Attachments

• 20170310_070823.png
    20170310_070823.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 529
Reactions: Sandra.AT
Can someone help me? I just purchased this preloved pochette and I realized that the leather kinda seems dimpled slightly. Do you guys think this is normal? My key holder in vernis is mirror smooth.
Hi, congrats on your pochette, the color is beautiful. I only have one vernis piece and mine is smooth throughout. Tbh it's not very noticeable on your bag, is it like that on the other side of the bag?

I am fairly new to the intoxicating world of Louis Vuitton. My timing is far from perfect, because I have fallen madly in love with the taupe glace color in vernis. I would love to get my hands on a Sarah wallet in taupe glace vernis. I know the color seems to have been retired by LV. Do any of you more experienced LV collectors have any opinions on the odds of LV relaunching taupe glace vernis in the SLGs? I am hopelessly obsessed with the taupe glace vernis Sarah. I already searched the preloved market.