The Tribute Bag made Dlisted.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price has nothing to do with this bag being unattractive or not. The person who made that comment about those not liking it can't afford it makes absolutely not an ounce of sense. People who make such comments are often those who have nothing else to say and just want to 'say something'. **rolls eyes**.....lol. Poor thing...

The bag is not attractive at all. It reminds me of some pieces of art---or rather--some items people try to pass off as 'art' and they are really just junk. It may fall into the category of 'collectors item' but it's not wearable...it's hideous. If someone wants to spend money on it then do so and if you posted pictures here of it I'd still say it's an ugly bag because anyone with eyes can see that it is.

Again, I love nice things home, furnishings and art for my home,vehicles,...bags...shoes...etc.... but I'd rather put my money into the first 3 any day of the week before I'd ever purchase an ugly bag just because it's made by LV.

Well of course..there are some people who truly like it. Different taste for different folks.

This "bag" makes me think LV is making a fool out of its consumer base. I agree with what The BagSnob wrote. LV thinks if they stick their logo on anything it will sell. They are also marketing $3 granny shopping bags from Chinatown. IMO, LV is going downhill quickly. That is why they keep having price increases to make up for the fact that they aren't the status symbol they used to be.

This "bag" makes me think LV is making a fool out of its consumer base. I agree with what The BagSnob wrote. LV thinks if they stick their logo on anything it will sell. They are also marketing $3 granny shopping bags from Chinatown. IMO, LV is going downhill quickly. That is why they keep having price increases to make up for the fact that they aren't the status symbol they used to be.

Can you show me this "$3.00 Granny Shopping bag from chinatown?" I'd be highly interested in viewing it.

they are talking about the East/West bags... they did look cheap to me on the runway but I played with it in person and its a woven leather... VERY nice.. a little different but I like it. If I could afford it, I would totally get the larger one. A friend of mine put her name down for both sizes.

LV isnt going downhill at all. You may think that they are because perhaps you maybe dont like anything THIS season, when infact maybe they had a bad turnout this year.. next s/s could be TOTALLY different. They do the best they can, they can't please all. This year it was different turnout than past seasons. I bet if Takashi did a collection this season people would have different views on this year.

I don't like it. Period. I'm sure that there is a lot of craftsmanship that went into this bag, and I can appreciate it from an artistic standpoint....but I still think it's ugly.

When I first saw the tribute I wasn't sure about it no after looking at in a greater detail I quite like it. It has soem many diverse materials on it and it can't have been easy to construct.
I think it is a wearable bag with the right outfit (mostly all black I'd say) I would happily wear it.
I'm with Matt on this one.

The thing I don't like is the all the blog spaces being offensive about the bag, ok so you don't like it but do you have to be insulting about it.

OMG! I saw that 'granny tote' and thought it looked familiar! I even mentioned it to my husband last evening. My dear mother in law passed away late last year and we were down in the basement area where we have some of her belongings stored in our bonus room down there. She has a few items stored in those bags. She used to carry those when she went grocery shopping. She lived in New York. I told my husband that LV is making that bag now...or purchased some from the original makers and stuck their logo on it. That's crazy!
People will say they don't want the regular 'granny bag' but now that LV has stuck their label on it..the label whores are going to die for it, buy it and carry it..totally RIDICK!

and again I love LV but some of these bags are truly ridiculous as of late.

LV isnt going downhill at all. You may think that they are because perhaps you maybe dont like anything THIS season, when infact maybe they had a bad turnout this year.. next s/s could be TOTALLY different. They do the best they can, they can't please all. This year it was different turnout than past seasons. I bet if Takashi did a collection this season people would have different views on this year.

MY opinion is that LV is going downhill. Apparently, I am not the only one that feels this way as you state "bad turnout this year". It is my perogative not to like what I see LV producing. I am not telling anyone to like or dislike this bag, I am stating my opinion. Just like others have said they loved this, I have stated I do not.

I used to love this brand with a passion. At one point, I had over 150 bags and accessories from this brand. I am down to about 20 at this point and they are mostly shoes. And let me tell you, resale of LV is nothing. This patchwork bag is not art. What artist made this "bag"? The MC and CB bags are art because they were by an artist as were the Graffiti bags. Putting Tin Tin aka Groom collection on a bag is not art either. Again this is just my opinion.

[/quote]
Can you show me this "$3.00 Granny Shopping bag from chinatown?" I'd be highly interested in viewing it.[/quote]
If go to Louis Vuitton Spring '07 (The Bag Snob) and click where it says "chinatown shoppers" you will see the bag I am talking about earlier. Does this mean LV is making knockoffs of them? You can also find the bags on style.com.

150, and now your down to 20? thats obviously throughout a period of time but to get rid of that many pieces could only mean that your not happy with the products period. let alone this years season or that tribute bag. You say you think its going down hill when in fact you have completely gave up on your collection because you have sold everything, meaning that as a whole, your not satisifed with the products. due to the fact that you have gotten rid of so many, maybe your mind is set that its going down hill becausew YOU are the one that doesn't like ANYTHING.

You claim the GROOM isn't art but infact its a cartoon character and the cherryblossom is a smiling flower shown in many of Takashi's videos/cartoons that he creates.. yeah he didnt make the groom but you claim the blossom is art but the groom isn't? when both are cartoons? just created by different artists/designers?

thats my prerogative...

Life would be boring if we all thought alike. Some spend 100.00 on a dinner and feel it was worth it, but would never spend on LV because they feel its too much. Everyone is different, thank god!

Status
Not open for further replies.