The Traveling Mulberry!

There's no way we can let her come over here without meeting up with us!!

So Mulberry meet 2009 looks like it will be in my neck of the woods, yay! You'll all have to kip down at my house - a la Mallory Towers except with lots of wine!!

Well I'm biased, I live on the edge of the Cotswolds and think it's gorgeous. Some cracking pubs with fantastic food, if you want quaint english villages then it's a good starting place. Another great place to visit Chaz totally forgot to tell you about is Chester (just down the road from Cheshire Oaks and the new Mulberry Outlet). If you find yourself passing through Oxford give me a shout and we can park your hubby in a good pub and hit Bicester Mulberry.

http://www.the-cotswolds.org/

http://www.visitchester.com/

You will find that nearly all (airport) car rental companies do not hire out (actual) mini's - you would probably need to arrange a special hire.

Sounds like a wonderful time. If you rent a car, make sure you get an automatic. You get used to driving on the other side of the road- I couldn't get the hang of shifting with my left hand.

Thanks all!! Jo , your idea is wonderfull. I will order a book and start reading!!!!! I am sure Mark would love the lakes and pubs!!! He is always up for a good beer or ale!!

Kroquet- you'd better start saving for that trip ASAP!
:tup::tup:

No kidding! That's one reason I start planning so early as it motivates me to save for it. I planned our Hawaii vacation a year early for just that reason. We may go to Vegas in March which will be a freebie so no real travel cost this year. Vegas is a reward from DH's company and a group trip with friends. As long as I keep him away from the tables it will be cheap!!!:boxing::boxing:

Well I'm biased, I live on the edge of the Cotswolds and think it's gorgeous. Some cracking pubs with fantastic food, if you want quaint english villages then it's a good starting place. Another great place to visit Chaz totally forgot to tell you about is Chester (just down the road from Cheshire Oaks and the new Mulberry Outlet). If you find yourself passing through Oxford give me a shout and we can park your hubby in a good pub and hit Bicester Mulberry.

http://www.the-cotswolds.org/

http://www.visitchester.com/

You will find that nearly all (airport) car rental companies do not hire out (actual) mini's - you would probably need to arrange a special hire.

ooo yes!!! Chester is just gorgeous!!!

Riff,my most favourite book ever is Cider With Rosie by Laurie Lee,about when he was growing up in the Cotswolds at the turn of the century,just before it was dragged into modern day and cars etc,its such a wonderful read so evocative of days gone by before fones and electricity were commonplace,has me laughing and crying!!!

I agree Chaz, that was one of the books I studied at school. Sometimes I think it would be lovely to go back to the simpler life....

Mmmmm,thats got me thinking,I wonder if thats why Mulberrys have such an appeal, good solid bags,traditionally made and steeped in English heritage.I have discussed this with Tara that they kind of remind me of saddlery,and she thinks so too.
Bit like Bridge bags,meant to look lovelier as they age,and not just a throwaway brand amongst all the modern fripperies?? (absolutetly no offense meant to any other bags etc,just my take and kind of liking for more traditional stuff!!)

Riffraff, I was wondering where you live? I live in Oxford and work in the Cotswolds - it's beautiful, the winter sunrises make it worth getting to work early for.